• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seeking recommendations for spare Radar Lock lens

ShadedChimera

Oakley Beginner
When I bought my Radar Lock Photochromic, I was given a 40% off coupon for almost any Radar Lock lens (anything except polarized and photochromic).

My intended uses for this pair is basically everyday wear and exercise. I run in the weekends, usually around dusk and the evening. I also don't drive, so I spend a fair bit of time on my feet and in public transportation throughout the day.

Given all this, is it pretty much down to aesthetics for my usages?

Is Prizm an option? I would entertain the idea of Road or Trail since you'd make the most out of the coupon in respect to cost.

Is Prizm an option? I would entertain the idea of Road or Trail since you'd make the most out of the coupon in respect to cost.

The rules and regulations do not make Prizm an exception, but Oakley Korea (forgot to mention I live in Korea) doesn't sell Prizm lenses for the Radar Locks yet.

For low light do you already have a backup persimmon/yellow/clear lens?

If you do, I'd just recommend getting an iridium color you think looks cool for regular daytime. +Red/Jade/Ice/Black are all pretty neutral to look through just minor blueish hints to them, and Jade being a bit purple. Sapphire is a bit brownish and Violet more so. I can't describe Fire well, I guess a bit of orange. Some people really can't get along with Violet and Fire.

I'd personally consider +Red the most versatile. I don't know why, but I can wear it later into the day without it feeling as dark as the rest. Best-looking is up to you. I personally think Sapphire and Jade look coolest right now.

For low light do you already have a backup persimmon/yellow/clear lens?

If you do, I'd just recommend getting an iridium color you think looks cool for regular daytime. +Red/Jade/Ice/Black are all pretty neutral to look through just minor blueish hints to them, and Jade being a bit purple. Sapphire is a bit brownish and Violet more so. I can't describe Fire well, I guess a bit of orange. Some people really can't get along with Violet and Fire.

I'd personally consider +Red the most versatile. I don't know why, but I can wear it later into the day without it feeling as dark as the rest. Best-looking is up to you. I personally think Sapphire and Jade look coolest right now.

This is my first-ever pair of Radar Locks, so the photochromic lens is the only lens I have at the moment. I picked up the photochromics for usage in low-light and no-light activities, given that my other two Oakleys are either black or slate iridium, so they're next to unsuitable for low-light. I've noticed as of late how it'd be nice to have some eye protection for windy days, and been annoyed with having to deal with things getting in my eyes.

Back