• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Selling: Oakley GMT

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I figured I'd come here since everyone on this page is obsessed with Oakley, like I am. I rarely post but I often visit. I have an Oakley GMT that I bought and rarely wear. I bought it used. The World time feature does NOT work. The alarm works sometimes (I can't figure out how to set it). I have a small wrist but also have two extra links. There aren't any noticeable scratches on the crystal. The band does have some scratches. I sent it to Oakley and they said they CANNOT fix it. If anyone thinks they can, more power to them. However, this looks AWESOME and it DOES keep time/date. I'm asking $250 but I'm ready and willing to negotiate/trade.

Here's a video: Review Oakley GMT Watch - YouTube
I have no idea how to upload pics. Feel free to PM me or message me on the youtube channel.

*EDIT* Just saw something about a posting limit and people not liking *noobs* for posting. If this is true, I will gladly remove this post and I apologize for breaking any rules.

Some people reacted to this post.
I have two GMT's and love them. Only second to the Time Tank/Minute Machine IMO. All the new watches Oakley puts out are extremely gaudy and way over priced. Again, my opinion.

One thing that'll help your sale might be letting us know what colorway you have?

Uploading pics - if you haven't already done so, upload the pics from your camera/phone to your computer and then create an account with a photo hosting site: Flickr, photobucket, etc. Upload your pics there and then you can post the image links on your thread.

As for the World Time feature not working, do you mean the Red hand that points to the different cities or the top most world time dial with the red hands? Have you tried taking it to a watch repair/jeweler to see if they can fix? I know Oakley told you they can't fix it, but that's because Oakley isn't a watch maker. I'm pretty sure they contract out their time piece manufacturing.

Anyway, the original reason i wanted to post was to help you out on figuring out how to set the alarm. Oakley.com has an archive of all the manuals for their watches. This should help you figure out if it works with certainty:

Watch Support | Us

GLWS.

Username Hidden said:
I have two GMT's and love them. Only second to the Time Tank/Minute Machine IMO. All the new watches Oakley puts out are extremely gaudy and way over priced. Again, my opinion.

One thing that'll help your sale might be letting us know what colorway you have?

Uploading pics - if you haven't already done so, upload the pics from your camera/phone to your computer and then create an account with a photo hosting site: Flickr, photobucket, etc. Upload your pics there and then you can post the image links on your thread.

As for the World Time feature not working, do you mean the Red hand that points to the different cities or the top most world time dial with the red hands? Have you tried taking it to a watch repair/jeweler to see if they can fix? I know Oakley told you they can't fix it, but that's because Oakley isn't a watch maker. I'm pretty sure they contract out their time piece manufacturing.

Anyway, the original reason i wanted to post was to help you out on figuring out how to set the alarm. Oakley.com has an archive of all the manuals for their watches. This should help you figure out if it works with certainty:

Watch Support | Us

GLWS.

I definitely agree on your sentiments about the GMT. I love my Ion Plated piece, and will definitely fill out the rest of the collection as time goes on.

As for the advice about getting it repaired...you're absolutely spot on. A reputable watch shop will most likely be able to fix it. It's amazing what a skilled tradesperson can do ;-)

Thank you for the reply. I have the: The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing one.

With the World Time feature, I'll set the big red hand to a city but the top (with red hands) will not move. I took it to one jewelry shop and they said they cannot fix it. I can try a few other places but, honestly, I just don't wear the watch as much. It's more of a liability for me because I don't know how durable it is (I'm also a firefighter and I feel safer taking my crankcase to calls rather than the GMT).

I checked the manual for setting the alarm and I've used it before but it sometimes goes off before I want it to.

59864_1417007185988_4707311_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Also, the video in my first post is of me and the actual watch.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Ah, that's the polished with black face. I just picked this one up a few weeks ago. It's an awesome looking timepiece.

As for repairs, try an actual watch repair shop rather than a jeweler. You might have better luck.

I wouldn't consider any of Oakleys watches particularly durable. Put it this way, if I know I'm going to be doing something that could potentially damage my nicer timepieces, I wear my Casio GShock :smile:

I had a G-shock and loved it but I also need a second hand for taking pulses (digital readouts aren't really allowed). My Crush 2.0 worked great but it's rubber strap worries me if I were to take it into a fire.

I'm looking into a few different jewelry repair areas. Hoping I'll have some luck. Thanks!

If you were to trade it what are you looking for?

I'm looking for a couple of links for my GMT silver tone SS bracelet. Does anyone have some that they're willing to sell?

Latest Posts

Back