• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending Funds Through Paypal As A Gift

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
So has anyone done this before? I should have thought twice about it, but there is no way to dispute if funds are sent as a gift right?

it's an option to send money to people you know . . .
that's why you doesn't need the protection at all.

i'm crossing my fingers as well dude!

Yeah, I have a buddy I send funds to as a gift all the time. He doesn't get charged any fees either, that's one upside to it.

If you know and trust the person then sending money as a gift isn't a problem. If you don't know them you could come unstuck.

I do it all the time on another forum I'm on, as long as they have substantial feedback.

I'll always accept payments as gifts though. No risk on my side

I've done it twice through here without any problems. The other time with Eyespy, I just covered that percentage that paypal takes. Best of luck!

I would only do it with people I know well, but be warned that if you use PayPal a lot like I do, they will contact you and threaten to suspend your account if you don't cease receiving and sending gift payments. I now just ask buyers to add 3% when sending me payment.

@batwolf - I haven't had that contact yet. I've probably sent/received over 3000 in the last year via gifting. I did however get an email that said they would be freezing any funds received via ebay for 21 days. Apparently a new policy or something...

Back