• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending In Juliets For Their First Tune Up

Jaytron

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of early Juliets, serial J1057902 Plasma with Ice polarized that desperately need a tune up.
I have some cheap Walleva lenses for no untill I can afford some OEM ones.
My question is how should i send them in? Should I just yank the rubbers & lenses?
I should I strip them bare?

the other question is that these are so worn that the plasma finish is starting to look polished in some places and the serial number is nearly worn off. will they do anything to refinish them?

Thanks in advance!

I stripped mine before I sent them in, they come back w/new ear socks, temple shocks, nose bombs and gaskets. Just had to install the lenses.

I have a pair in headed there now also, they're completely bare. I have a slightly stripped t6 screw that they're going in without also, hopefully they'll realize the problem and put in a new one.

I am sending in 3 pairs next week and they will be bare and completely disasemblem down to the nose bridge. The customer service rep said that thats how they prefer them to come in for a tune up

My rubbers on my Juliet were so beat that they were becoming sticky/gunky/disgusting and the nose-bridge was so floppy it was like fish out of the water and darn near unwearable with them constantly slipping off the face. I guess that's what happens when you wear 'em for six years!! Sent it back to HQ as-is in a USPS Priority Small Flat-rate box (nice and rigid) for the spa treatment and it came back locked up tight (besides the love marks on the frame) with new rubbers. They cleaned off all the gooey-ness of the old earsocks and the tech even called me to verify what needed to be done before doing work on them. Turnaround was around two weeks after I mailed it off.

I am about to send my Juliets for a tune up. How much does it cost and what is the preferred shipping method?

Edit: I just called, its $64.99 plus shipping

How much does it cost and what is the preferred shipping method?

Edit: I just called, its $64.99 plus shipping

I used USPS's Priority flat rate w/ delivery confirmation, but just to be extra safe, you might want to consider something more "trackable" such as Fedex or UPS. Took them about a week after being marked "delivered" did they start working on the tune-up for me.

Back