• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending My Penny For A Tuneup - Interesting Stories

Man after reading this..im cancelling plans of getting tune ups.
Bostonfin gave me an oakley customer service number for tune ups...and i was gonna send in my roms and juliets.
man forget that now they staying with me til they break thats just how its gonna be.

dude i hope you get your oaks back..otherwise sue the the crap outta em as long as u got records it arrived there or whatever..burn their building down coz thats what i would do all i need is some lighter fluid and a lighter.

haha thats drastic... if you do that, then there would be no more HQ and then HOW are we gonna get our Oaks? lol!

if its truly gone, i would demand compensation in the shape of some new X-squareds if i could.. since i need those too...
But seriously though, I sent in my juliets before and they did a perfect job, i suspect they even gave me new arms (cos i sent them scratched and they came back perfect), same orbitals though, because I have a distinct spot on the top which i recognised.

oh well. we'll see on monday..

sent in my plasma frame juliets for a tune-up to oakley hq in california as the flex couplers were loose. total turnaround time was around 2 and 1/2 weeks. only gripe i had was it had the wrong size temple shocks and nose bombs when i got it back. oakley sent in the correct ones after i called them about it.

yeah the lady i was talking to at Oakley Australia was really good about sending spares.. i said i needed to refresh my other X-metals and she said she would send out spare screws, rubbers etc for me instead of me having to send the frames in.. so they're usually good about that kinda thing..

yeah the lady i was talking to at Oakley Australia was really good about sending spares.. i said i needed to refresh my other X-metals and she said she would send out spare screws, rubbers etc for me instead of me having to send the frames in.. so they're usually good about that kinda thing..

yeah, as long as they have the part, they send it out. hope they find your penny!

yeah, as long as they have the part, they send it out. hope they find your penny!

yeah depends who you talk to too, when this lady was away i was put onto another guy, who clearly didnt know their own inventory. He refused sending out parts, insisting i had to send in every pair for 'tuneups' if i wanted even just a new screw, or a rubber bit. He also insisted they didnt carry any rubber stock for anything but the juliet, romeo2 and X-squared.

When the lady came back i got her direct line number and just called that instead haha..

yeah depends who you talk to too, when this lady was away i was put onto another guy, who clearly didnt know their own inventory. He refused sending out parts, insisting i had to send in every pair for 'tuneups' if i wanted even just a new screw, or a rubber bit. He also insisted they didnt carry any rubber stock for anything but the juliet, romeo2 and X-squared.

When the lady came back i got her direct line number and just called that instead haha..

alright, update! so i call today, and they said they have found my Penny! but its still not in the system, so its now the long wait till they get around to processing mine. relieved, but impatient.. its been away for 2weeks! should have returned by now...

oh well.

The good news is that they found your sunglasses. If I had sent my Juliets in for an authorized service and someone had said that they lost them, livid would be an understatement.

The good news is that they found your sunglasses. If I had sent my Juliets in for an authorized service and someone had said that they lost them, livid would be an understatement.

yeah.. at least Juliets are still replaceable from the factory.. (ie they would issue you new ones..) but i totally understand, my Juliets have been everywhere with me, and i'll be well angry if they got lost, even if Oakley could replace them with a new pair..

For the Romeo's I was originally told they have all rubber parts in stock for tune ups. I contacted them again just to make sure and I was told they do not have any parts in-stock. They are going to check with the "boss" of that area and get back to me.

Latest Posts

Back