• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending My Penny For A Tuneup - Interesting Stories

You know, I never got a call when I sent my Whiskers in for repair. I think I remember seeing an email regarding a tracking number from Oakley, so I called in and had to ask what was going on and the lady told me that they had swapped out the frame of my sunglasses and sent me a new frame with my Black Iridium lenses installed.

You know, I never got a call when I sent my Whiskers in for repair. I think I remember seeing an email regarding a tracking number from Oakley, so I called in and had to ask what was going on and the lady told me that they had swapped out the frame of my sunglasses and sent me a new frame with my Black Iridium lenses installed.

ah i see. well the service centre told me the protocol is for them to call up the customers, confirm the work thats gonna be done, and also get my credit card details. was yours under warranty still? that may be it. this isnt covered (the warranty is only 1 year forom new now) so they want my money.. haha

Email from Oakley today they are still checking on parts for the Romeo 1. Said they should have answer by tomorrow.

when i sent in my plasma frame juliets for a tune-up, they said they will call me once the job is done but i didn't get a call, only an email w/ tracking information that it has been sent out. mine was out of warranty and they initially asked for payment info when i first called to get a ref # before sending it in.

best to just keep on calling them to follow-up.

That would be why. Mine was completely under warranty.
yeah they didnt want your money haha!

Email from Oakley today they are still checking on parts for the Romeo 1. Said they should have answer by tomorrow.
good luck on that.. i'll try to get set or two too, see how many they're willing to hand out..

when i sent in my plasma frame juliets for a tune-up, they said they will call me once the job is done but i didn't get a call, only an email w/ tracking information that it has been sent out. mine was out of warranty and they initially asked for payment info when i first called to get a ref # before sending it in.

best to just keep on calling them to follow-up.

yup.. gonna call them at lunch today..

THANKS all!

Hey good call on the "Keep calling back" - turns out they received my Pennys sometime 2 weeks ago (3 days after shipped, we had to track the consignment number etc),but someone somewhere screwed up, put it in the wrong tray or something. So it never got registered onto their internal system (actually, still isnt).. therefore noone looked for it because it was in limbo!

Well the lady tracked it down, and now they're gonna do the tune up and send it back. they say should be back here by next week Monday/Tuesday.. well we'll see about that...! haha.

as a side note, they still have nosebombs for the Romeo1 in brown. They would only send me out one set, but I'll see if i can call them and ask for more. I have a feeling they'll need to send me the large nosebombs for the penny anyway.. I forgot to request that.

Back