• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending My Penny For A Tuneup - Interesting Stories

alright so an update-they called again this morning at 530am, to confirm the tuneup. apparently the details didnt get saved the last time i called so had to give CC number and tell them all my side orders as well. then whilst ordering the gaskets for my romeo1, she tells me its the same as the juliet gaskets and orders 2 pairs of that instead. i say theyre different and she says to trust her shes repaired them before. well my juliet needs new gaskets and its 530am so i dont try to argue it. at least im fairly certain they know what the romeo1nosebombs are, and are sending me a set in rootbeer.. thats all they got left.

ugh, OSP. wish one of us worked there so at least the factory knows what their products are..

We have to understand not ALL Oakley employees are Oakley Enthusiasts either. Some of the employee's are there for a job, and a job only. I can say that numeous times I have entered O-Stores, vaults and Oakley retailers, asking about specific things and they had no clue or they tried to show me something different. There are cell phone geeks out there that can do some amazing things with cell phones, yet.... go into a cell phone store and they can't even program your phone or answer a technical question....

We have to understand not ALL Oakley employees are Oakley Enthusiasts either. Some of the employee's are there for a job, and a job only. I can say that numeous times I have entered O-Stores, vaults and Oakley retailers, asking about specific things and they had no clue or they tried to show me something different. There are cell phone geeks out there that can do some amazing things with cell phones, yet.... go into a cell phone store and they can't even program your phone or answer a technical question....

yeah thats fair enough. but then again if you work in the place, you'd at least know what the models are (there are only 8 x-metal models!), and im sure they have a database for the parts to keep stock anyway? it cant be that they have parts just lying around unlisted.. in that case i hope i can take a squiz around the HQ sometime.. probably find that crate of penny parts they 'discarded' so long ago.. or maybe another stash of Leather and Crater Mars that someone in the warehouse left in the wrong corner..

Wow that's early. Glad everything worked out for you! Silly Oakley employees. They need an education session haha. Don't know about you guys, but I would love to work at the Oakley HQ

my Penny should be back by now! but they are not. :mad:

i called the O-vault i sent them through, and they said they just changed management or something as an excuse. well.. as long as my Penny's dont go for walkies again..

fingers crossed they come tomorrow!

You ******* wont believe this. they've lost it, AGAIN. the HQ says it MAY be in Sydney, they dont know yet. ******* O-VAULT PERTH SUCKS ******* AT CUSTOMER SERVICE. they sent it as a normal "warranty claim" which means it wasnt tracked -- basically what they do when they just dump them to replace with a new pair. EXCEPT THEY DONT HAVE NEW PAIRS. !@#$%^%$#@!#$%^

Latest Posts

Back