• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serial Number Help

Arron1980

Oakley Enthusiast
England
Hi everyone. I need some help. I'm enquiring about a pair of Juilets and the guy has said the serial number begins with WO#####A. Don't recognize what the wo couod represent? Is the serial legit? Pics aren't very clear.

The O is a zero and is irrellevant. W denotes warranty frame and the A denotes second generation.

Ok thanks. Would that specific serial be a deterrent to potential buyers in the future?
Depends on the buyer but most likely it wouldn't have any impact on resale. Some people might spend more for it because its a serialized warranty frame and not all of them came with serials, some people might pay less because its a warranty frame (not that it really matters). Most people will fall into 2 categories when buying Juliets- Someone who doesn't know anything about Xmetals/serial numbers and just wants a cool pair of glasses, or a collector who understands the serial number and realizes it doesn't make them worth any less.

Depends on the buyer but most likely it wouldn't have any impact on resale. Some people might spend more for it because its a serialized warranty frame and not all of them came with serials, some people might pay less because its a warranty frame (not that it really matters). Most people will fall into 2 categories when buying Juliets- Someone who doesn't know anything about Xmetals/serial numbers and just wants a cool pair of glasses, or a collector who understands the serial number and realizes it doesn't make them worth any less.
+1

Personally I think W frames have a slight "abasement cloud" around them because they're, well, warranty frames...

But I think, long term, serialed W frames are actually a minority among the serialed and will become more desirable - sure, they're not "complete" with coin / box etc, but hey, they're serialed...

And what do you get a collector who has "everything"?!?

"I've got every colorway released for Juliet NIB, including all the limited editions; what's next? I don't have anything with a 'W' serial... F*ck the 4th gens!"

:D

Haha yeh so the W serial could possibly become a rare collector item? To be honest though, I don't think i will ever part with any of my X Metals. I always buy with the thought of maybe selling one day but I can't bring myself to do it.

Back