• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serial Numbers - X Metal

bad fishy

I should Work at Oakley
Texas
I found a thread mentioning that serial numbers on the X-Metal frames were discontinued after 2004. I think that really sucks and takes away the future collector value of our current frames. I was surprised when I bought my custom X Squared to find there was no serial number on the arms. My old Romeo 1.0 and Penny both have serial numbers.

I'm seriously considering buying the 24k X Squared because Oakley offered me 25% off them since they can't repair my Penny frames. Does anybody know if those have serial numbers since they are "limited edition?"

Buy those now...they're limited to 750 units on each model (Juliet and X-Squared). The new 24K's on eBay are fetching 550 plus on auction.

The 24K's are not serialed, per-se', but rather, production numbered as such...xxx/750.

You don't really see much if any premium on serialized pieces vs. non (maybe $20) so it really does not effect collector value much. The only time it becomes a factor is if you have particularly low numbers. The 24k's are numbered, however I've had those discounts before, and they almost never apply to limited and elite pieces, so I'd check on that. Also in either case they are sold out.

Also I believe the 24k X Squared are sold out already if im not mistaken

Yes, both are. I wanted to get the Juliet yesterday and was told they are sold out. It's listed as "temporary", but that's apparently be becasue the last few hundred orders are still back ordered and have not shipped yet.

You don't really see much if any premium on serialized pieces vs. non (maybe $20) so it really does not effect collector value much. The only time it becomes a factor is if you have particularly low numbers. The 24k's are numbered, however I've had those discounts before, and they almost never apply to limited and elite pieces, so I'd check on that. Also in either case they are sold out.

Just placed my order for the 24k x squared with the 25% discount! Came out to $350 with 2 day shipping. She didn't know when the order would be fulfilled, but said there would be another shipment soon. Can't wait!

Back