• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serial Numbers - X Metal

Im sorry but if they are not gonna be limited to just 750 and they even make a second run of these im gonna have to just sell mine, its bullshit to pay 450 plus tax for a so called limited edition if they are not IMO. I guess we will have to see! And I totally agree I wish all X Metals had serials!

This issue is rampant in any case where there is the "numbered limited edition" thing going on. Fact is even if they are limited to 750....they can make a change (like lens color) and do another run. This happens with watches A LOT. My personal take is I NEVER buy something, or more to the point pay a premium for it because of its alleged rarity....I do that if I really want it. As it is, I don't get Oakley doing this with this model, I mean really, you have x metal fans screaming for new product and you LIMIT production? I have a feeling more of these will be produced...the Temporarily Sold Out means just that....as it did with the original 3 variants of the Pit Boss that have said that for over a year and are now back in active production

as a collector with 53 pairs of x metals at this time, i had been driven to collect original pairs with serial numbers, but it does not stop there. the beauty is to get them with a box with the matching serial, with the glasses mint, and the box mint, with all the contents complete and perfect, and then the label....text only issue labels like the 2 japanese ti clear are not a problem in that the labels should be fine, but the labels that wrapped under the box had to be cut to get to the glass...many done by hand...lots of badly torn labels...the trick is to get them razor cut so the opening is 'clean' (if the fray is not too bad you can peel the label off, razor cut it, put it back for that super clean look). when i bought sealed x metals the label was cut with a blade, to get the cleanest cut. oh, the labels matter too, as the designs did change, for some early pairs the best are the black background with horizontal pic of the glass, later changed to bi colour with glass vertical. so, now, if you find the 'perfect' x metal, the target has been hit. think also of the jordan romeo, real first pairs, all the text under the box that never happened on anything later. most of these pieces now are just art perfection.

So this means they are not limited to 750???

what i heard, again, this is just a rumour, is that they have received more than 1000 orders for the 24k Juliets alone. so if they do make more than 750 pairs, the rest won't have the production numbers. then again, you know how Oakley changes it's mind every now and then.

what i heard, again, this is just a rumour, is that they have received more than 1000 orders for the 24k Juliets alone. so if they do make more than 750 pairs, the rest won't have the production numbers. then again, you know how Oakley changes it's mind every now and then.

I'm sure this is what they mean. Limited to 750 NUMBERED pairs. I'm sure they'll release the same models without the numbers. I think that's when i might consider picking up a pair of the Juliets. I don't really care about the numbers.

as a collector with 53 pairs of x metals at this time, i had been driven to collect original pairs with serial numbers, but it does not stop there. the beauty is to get them with a box with the matching serial, with the glasses mint, and the box mint, with all the contents complete and perfect, and then the label....text only issue labels like the 2 japanese ti clear are not a problem in that the labels should be fine, but the labels that wrapped under the box had to be cut to get to the glass...many done by hand...lots of badly torn labels...the trick is to get them razor cut so the opening is 'clean' (if the fray is not too bad you can peel the label off, razor cut it, put it back for that super clean look). when i bought sealed x metals the label was cut with a blade, to get the cleanest cut. oh, the labels matter too, as the designs did change, for some early pairs the best are the black background with horizonal pic of the glass, later changed to bi colour with glass vertical. so, now, if you find the 'perfect' x metal, the target has been hit. think also of the jordan romeo, real first pairs, all the text under the box that never happened on anything later. most of these pieces now are just art perfection.

Not too many people own the 2 Japanese clear Juliets.... congrats !!! Another one that is uber rare are the brown Juliets unless you want to fork over a grand for them.

Latest Posts

Back