• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serial numbers

I bought my first juliets in the Florida mall when I was on holiday in 2007 and they never had a number. It wasn't till I signed on here a year ago I found out about the serial numbers

does anybody have an opinion on the % difference value wise for the different generations
all things even condition wise say 9/10 boxed
so if 1st gen is 100%, how do the other generations compare ?

Never had a serialized pair until I got here. Now that I have a few pairs with serials, I have to say, there is something special about them. As others have stated, I guess it just sets them apart as an individual piece rather than just a mass produced feeling. As far as value/ price difference, I'll others speak on that, but from what I have seen is that the older pairs (serialized) generally go for a little bit more than non-serial, but that is just a very general broad statement.

It all depends on the pair. On some I'm not really bothered about the serial, but on the Ichiro emeralds for example, I really wanted a serialled pair because of the ease of creating a custom non-serialled pair. That's a pair where the box is a must have, but a matching serial pair is definitely more desirable (to me) than one without in that specific case.

Where does one find the info on a specific serial? Such as the year, generation, etc...?

There's nothing quite all-encompassing as you're looking for, but the closest thing would be the x-metal serial list on o-review. I'm posting a link here but o-review links haven't been working lately; just go to o-review.com, click on information, then serial list:

X-Metal Serial List

Additionally, for colorways / SKUs / years released, check out their database. Database-> glasses-> filter by x-metal frame family.

Back