• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serialized juliet ichiro 51

keane

Oakley Beginner
how can i restore my ichiro 51 juliet? it is a gift from my dad way back...he purchased it from japan because he lives there..does it have a value now?

how can i restore my ichiro 51 juliet? it is a gift from my dad way back...he purchased it from japan because he lives there..does it have a value now?
Very much so! All of them have a value, what that is depends on the individual model. The replacement parts are available but can be expensive, again depending on the model.

If you let us know the format of the serial and/or show a picture, we can give you a more definite idea of value.

Or actually, as I just completed my Ichiro Juliet collection, you might be able to pick yours out of the line up in this post: イチロー complete | Oakley Forum

Big fan of the Ichiro Juliets (and Juliets in general). Do you still have the box? That's a big plus if you do.

Can't make out the lenses in the photos, but that's the box from the first release only and it's a polished frame with black rubber, so we'll go with that one. The lenses should be blue, with either a greenish or purplish tinge to them. Good to mint condition with box are probably in the $800 to $1000 range, maybe more for the best pairs.

What needs doing to restore them? The black rubber is easy and cheap, the same as any Juliet black rubber - it's occasionally still in stock at Oakley. The lenses are tougher to find and more expensive, but they are out there. If the frames are a bit floppy at the nose, then in some territories Oakley can still tune them up, or the X-Man here offers his own tune-up service.

Its kinda worn out i guess the lens is for replacement it has a sign in it and the no.51 the nose bridge rubber i jst replaced it..its kinda loose in the x part of the frame..it has serial nos ISO 1726..i think its all complete.

KIMG0625.JPG

It has extra rubbers right..ive lost the rubbers at the nose bridge thats why i used the extra..the rubbers in the arms near the lens says 51..

Yep, first release, with SKU 12-614 as you see on the box. The spare nose rubber in the box is a different size, so they may feel a little different.

If you're in the US, then the X-Man on here can tune up the nose (the X part you referred to) so it's tight again; in Europe, Oakley still offer the service themselves. Not sure about other parts of the world.

That should just leave the lenses. Once you get access to the exchange here, you can put a WTB ad for Ichiro blue Juliet lenses. I have a spare pair myself but I need to hold those in reserve for my own Ichiros I'm afraid.

Here's my pair of the same model:

image.jpg

My friend told me that theres someone he knew could fix the loose parts using precision tools like oakleys..it cost 30 dollars is it cheap?judging from what ive told u about the condition how much will i spend to make it look like yours?by the way your piece is awesome!!

Back