• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serialized X- Metal Unmatched Box/Frame lost and found list

What are your thoughts?

• This is a dumb idea. Quit wasting your time, go get me a vault deal and mail it to me at your cost.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Great Idea! You have no Idea what you're getting into.. Hope you stick to it fool!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I hope I don't get gouged when I find a match....

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I can't wait to gouge a sucker that found a match....

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Hey.. there's one here already! But I'm not gonna show YOU! Learn how to use the search bar newbie!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAMOBS

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
STL
** UPDATED 2/11/2018 WITH UNMATCHED BOXES AND FRAME INFO***

I was looking for something like this and didn't see one so I asked someone else that knows way more than I do if there was one and if he thought it would be a good idea and he agreed so here it goes.

I'm sure there are a bunch of serialized boxes floating around and just figured if even a couple of people could match up it might be worth it. I haven't been here all that long and even I have a few sitting around collecting dust so there have to be ton out there doing the same.

If you’d like to add serial numbers for your frames you have no boxes for, I’ve created a space at the bottom that I’ll fill in. That will sort itself out once it gets filled in a bit.

The list is copied from the sticky thread and has been broken down into model, sorted them by finish, lens, gen. and color coded them best I could for fun. Since the number on the boxes doesn’t always look like what’s on the frame I thought this might be easier for people such as myself that aren’t as well versed.

Simply add what you've got with your name beside it (ex. XX X Metal 123456 - IAMOBS) or upload a pic. (text preferred for ease of copying/pasting)

A boxes are 1st gen and B boxes are 2nd gen, unlike the frames. (Thanks for the lesson @SiRacer420 )

I'm certainly open to suggestions, constructive criticism or whatever to make this better, especially from the grand master of lists @cacatman

Hope there's some good participation,

Cheers,

Matt

Juliet

JBR###### Brown / VR28 Black Juliet

CJ###### Carbon / Black Juliet 1st Generation

• A074123 - SiRacer420

CJ######A Carbon / Black Juliet 2nd Generation

CBP###### Carbon / Black Polarized Juliet

JE###### Plasma / Emerald Juliet

JE######A Plasma / Emerald Juliet 2nd Generation

JE######B Plasma / Emerald Juliet 3rd Generation

• 085447 - X-Metal Beast

P###### Plasma / Fire Juliet 1st Generation

• A33117 - SiRacer420
P######A Plasma / Fire Juliet 2nd Generation
  • B31244 - SiRacer420

P######B Plasma / Fire Juliet 3rd Generation

IP###### Plasma / Ice Polarized Juliet 1st Generation

IP######A Plasma / Ice Polarized Juliet 2nd Generation

IP######B Plasma / Ice Polarized Juliet 3rd Generation

JPPL###### Plasma / Ti Clear Juliet

JB###### Polished / Blue Juliet

• A27316 - SiRacer420

JF###### Polished / Fire Juliet

JP###### Polished / Fire Polarized Juliet

• A11506 - SiRacer420

JPP###### Polished / Ti Clear Juliet

JG###### Polished / G30 Juliet Later inherited serial

JT###### TiO2 / VR28 Black Juliet 1st Generation

JT######A TiO2 / VR28 Black Juliet 2nd Generation

T###### Titanium / Gold Juliet 1st Generation

T######A Titanium / Gold Juliet 2nd Generation

T######B Titanium / Gold Juliet 3rd Generation

J###### X-Metal / Black Juliet

• A23201 - SiRacer420
  • A27013 - SiRacer420
  • B06212 - SiRacer420
  • B39614 - SiRacer420
  • B97396 - SiRacer420

JG###### X-Metal / Gold Juliet Early release

X###### X-Metal / Ruby Juliet Initial Run

J###### X-Metal / Ruby Juliet Later releases use the Black Iridium lens

Juliet Special Editions

JC###### Carbon / 24K Juliet Corvette Racing Team

DUCATI###### X-Metal / Black Ducati Juliet

FINITO #### Carbon / VR50 Finito Juliet

IS##### Polished / Blue Ichiro Juliet 1st Release

IS 51 ##### Carbon / Blue Ichiro Juliet 2nd Release

I 51###### Polished / Slate Ichiro Juliet 3rd Release

IS 51 ##### Polished / Emerald Slate Ichiro Juliet 4th Release

ICHIRO 06 #### X-Metal / Slate Ichiro Juliet 5th Release

IS 08 #### Polished Carbon / Slate Ichiro Juliet 6th Release

RY###### X-Metal / Ice Juliet Ryan Arbabi One-off

Mars

C###### Crater / Black Mars
  • 04128 - X-Metal Beast

M###### X-Metal / Black Mars

M###### X-Metal / Emerald Mars Sunglass Hut Exclusive

M###### X-Metal / Ruby Mars

M*###### Leather / Gold Mars

Penny

PB###### Polished / Black Penny

PC###### Copper / VR28 Black Penny

PI###### Titanium / Ice Penny

PV###### Titanium / VR28 Black Penny

XM###### X-Metal / Ruby Penny

Romeo 1

#### Michael Jordan Romeo

###### All Romeo

• 03713 - X- Metal Beast
  • 07100 - X-Metal Beast
  • B25758 - IAMOBS
  • B28392- SiRacer420

######A Romeo 2nd Gen (Plasma/ Titanium)

XX

XG###### 24K / 24K X-Metal XX 1st Generation

XG######A 24K / 24K X-Metal XX 2nd Generation

• A29568- SiRacer420

XG######B 24K / 24K X-Metal XX 3rd Generation

XP###### Plasma / Ice X-Metal XX

• 1786- IAMOBS

XT###### TiO2 / Black X-Metal XX 1st Generation

XT######A TiO2 / Black X-Metal XX 2nd Generation

XX###### X-Metal / Black X-Metal XX

Serialized unmatched frames

002187 - Romeo Plasma Fire Iridium - Dullisc
004903 - Romeo Plasma - IAMOBS
P066174 - IAMOBS
JI021454 - Dullisc
J003839 - PapioXmetal
J040205 - Luxempo
XX008189 - IAMOBS

Last edited:
Hey dude, I'm a newbie like you and chuffed to be mentioned in your post.

In my opinion, anything that disseminates more information to this community is excellent! I wish you all the best!! Fantastic idea. I wish I'd thought of it!!!! :)

I hope people can take the time to information to the list, because that's what will make it useful.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be super helpful, as most of my X-metals are back in Australia, and I can't remember what boxes I have.

The only suggestion I'd have is for people to put the serial number of their x-metals WITHOUT boxes as well (if there is one) because some people may have a non-matching box and might like to offer the box to someone with the sunglasses. It would help others who are looking for specific numbers (not just the boxes) e.g. @SiRacer420 who is always looking for stuff ending in 420.

To save work for yourself, I think all you really have to do is order the serials in "alphabetical order" because they will automatically sort themselves out into the different groups. That will save work. You can just leave the "key" at the bottom so if people don't know what an XX serial is, they can check. Even if people don't put "box" or "no box" it won't matter anyhow, because someone searching will see 2 with the same number (given that they have the other one).

If an x-metal actually has a serial, you'll be able to tell what it is anyhow just from the serial.

Hey dude, I'm a newbie like you and chuffed to be mentioned in your post.

In my opinion, anything that disseminates more information to this community is excellent! I wish you all the best!! Fantastic idea. I wish I'd thought of it!!!! :)

I hope people can take the time to information to the list, because that's what will make it useful.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be super helpful, as most of my X-metals are back in Australia, and I can't remember what boxes I have.

The only suggestion I'd have is for people to put the serial number of their x-metals WITHOUT boxes as well (if there is one) because some people may have a non-matching box and might like to offer the box to someone with the sunglasses. It would help others who are looking for specific numbers (not just the boxes) e.g. @SiRacer420 who is always looking for stuff ending in 420.

To save work for yourself, I think all you really have to do is order the serials in "alphabetical order" because they will automatically sort themselves out into the different groups. That will save work. You can just leave the "key" at the bottom so if people don't know what an XX serial is, they can check. Even if people don't put "box" or "no box" it won't matter anyhow, because someone searching will see 2 with the same number (given that they have the other one).

If an x-metal actually has a serial, you'll be able to tell what it is anyhow just from the serial.

Ha! I’m totally a newbie to collecting as well as the forum! I’m following your graph on the effects of the forum to a T though.. there’s one thing though.. like when you’re about 4 months in and you realized you just spent $25-55 on an empty cardboard box for glasses you don’t own “just in case” and it was a good deal.

Initially I thought about having a place for unmatched frames too but I thought that list may get too big. I’ll add it to the bottom and it’ll sort itself out like you said. I broke the box listings into groups since the serial on the box doesn’t look like the one on the frame.

Thanks for the input.

It’s a good idea... I hope it helps someone find their missing box. I have several pairs that don’t have a matching box.

Ha! I’m totally a newbie to collecting as well as the forum! I’m following your graph on the effects of the forum to a T though.. there’s one thing though.. like when you’re about 4 months in and you realized you just spent $25-55 on an empty cardboard box for glasses you don’t own “just in case” and it was a good deal.

Initially I thought about having a place for unmatched frames too but I thought that list may get too big. I’ll add it to the bottom and it’ll sort itself out like you said. I broke the box listings into groups since the serial on the box doesn’t look like the one on the frame.

Thanks for the input.
@IAMOBS. LOL. You smell like an "All-In" sort of guy. ie. this is ambitious (but definitely do-able)....and I notice you paid up for a lifetime membership. That's gutsy. I admire that!!!

@IAMOBS. LOL. You smell like an "All-In" sort of guy. ie. this is ambitious (but definitely do-able)....and I notice you paid up for a lifetime membership. That's gutsy. I admire that!!!
Hey man I was just following your advice with the membership! I’ve had Oakley’s for almost 25 years but never this many!

XX 24K/24K 04-122 A29568
Romeo XM/Black 04-100 B28392
Juliet Carbon/Black 04-128 A074123 <------ CJ serial
Juliet XM/Black 04-110 B39614
Juliet XM/Black 04-110 B06212
Juliet XM/Black 04-110 A27013
Juliet XM/Ruby 04-116 A23201
Juliet Polished/Fire Polar 04-119 A11506
Juliet Polished/Blue 04-117 A27316

Hope someone finds a match!