• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serials .... continued so a few more queries

I am going to jump in cause I am bored. I do not know that much, but will give you my thoughts on what I can.
Low serials, what ever you want to call low, can be only your opinion I guess. I have a pair of Juliets J##1575. I do not think that is low. There is a low serial thread, someone listed their 30,000 something as low. So......
If you talk to @Smiley he will have his opinion of low, and may not be someone elses.

I think low numbers can effect the cost, for someone that is interested in low numbers, some members are not.

Greedy people do not rip of collectors, price is what ever someone wants to pay. If you want something bad enough, you pay, would you feel ripped off? If you do, you should not have purchased. ( that goes with out saying, that the product is as stated.)

SKU and serial are not the same. A stock-keeping unit (SKU) is a scannable bar code, most often seen printed on product labels in a retail store.

As far as the other questions, no help here. I am sure others will pipe in. I believe most of this information can be found on the forum with a little bit of research. Pretty much every topic is covered on this well informed forum.
Cheers

Well [mention]Nucchem [/mention] I’m bored so I’ll chime in. I agree with you and with [mention]SiRacer420 [/mention]. It’s subjective. I’d pay a premium for 211 and have paid a slight premium for low triple digit Ichiro serials (my polished/blue pair cause it’s the lowest I’ve seen). To me and I e discussed this with [mention]jcesl2 [/mention] the amount produced has to be taken into account. If you have JBxxx438 I’d consider that low since they made 100k pairs of em (number for example, I have no idea how many they made). But if say we are talking about the Ichiro carbon polished carbon, then number 438 isn’t all that low given they made at least 1299 pairs plus or minus a hundred or so. Another odd example is say the Ichiro carbon/blue. If you had ANY of those the serial will be considered low based on the fact that we have NO idea how many made it out alive and how many ACTUALLY exist (see what I did there [mention]Nucchem [/mention] hint hint).

As for premium, you might make the clam the earlier ones had a higher quality of fit and finish maybe, but in the end I doubt it. First 10 might truly carry a premium or in the case of say the Jordan’s the first 50 or 100 but really after 100 I can’t see to much of a value added. I only chased the lower serials because when I jumped in and started chasing the Ichiro colorways there just happened to be a fair amount of low triple digit serials come to sale. The only one I’ve truly paid any kind of premium for was the polished blue and I think I paid 50 bucks more the. The average going rate. Emerald 138 I got for 400 bucks WBC I got for 600. Still need a slate/polished and would maybe chase a low polished carbon but only if the price were right case pair 1299 look EXACTLY like pair 100 I’ve seen em.

Serials as has been said are all subjective to the buyer. If the seller is selling to high he will get an offer or wont sell it till the price is dropped down. If the buyer wants it bad enough they will pay a premium.

That said, some serials are likely worth more for collectors, maybe its a low 00001 number, or a lucky number 00023 or 000007, but otherwise they are all the same sets. Unless of course you have a one off pair like the purple Juliets, OR a NAL serial Copper Penny. Unicorns for the purple, Unicorn for the Penny if you desire a special serial one. I am trying to figure out a fair price for a Boxed but not matching for the NAL serial Copper Penny. Extremely Rare so having a hard time to figure true value.

Capitalism - One sells and one buys. That agreement makes them both happy. It does not matter what price is paid. If its too high, compared to market value, then the buyer should have done his own research and lesson learned. If its too low, compared to market value, then the seller should have done more research or maybe wanted to move it fast to put cash elsewhere.

Regardless both entered a contract and agreed to the price.

Serials as has been said are all subjective to the buyer. If the seller is selling to high he will get an offer or wont sell it till the price is dropped down. If the buyer wants it bad enough they will pay a premium.

That said, some serials are likely worth more for collectors, maybe its a low 00001 number, or a lucky number 00023 or 000007, but otherwise they are all the same sets. Unless of course you have a one off pair like the purple Juliets, OR a NAL serial Copper Penny. Unicorns for the purple, Unicorn for the Penny if you desire a special serial one. I am trying to figure out a fair price for a Boxed but not matching for the NAL serial Copper Penny. Extremely Rare so having a hard time to figure true value.

Capitalism - One sells and one buys. That agreement makes them both happy. It does not matter what price is paid. If its too high, compared to market value, then the buyer should have done his own research and lesson learned. If its too low, compared to market value, then the seller should have done more research or maybe wanted to move it fast to put cash elsewhere.

Regardless both entered a contract and agreed to the price.

what’s a NAL copper penny? Never herd of it

NAL = National Lenscrafters sample pre production pair to garner future sales

Oakley did everything it could to keep these types of glasses from ever hit\ing the market but this one slipped through

T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMryBQQUKKDT3w60_57.jpg

While there may be others out there; There has NEVER been another off serial X-Metal on the forum in the past 9 years. None like this other than the Purple Juliets

So Rare - Yes extremely kinda one of a kind for the serial. But.... its only valuable to the right person.

While there may be others out there; There has NEVER been another off serial X-Metal on the forum in the past 9 years. None like this other than the Purple Juliets

So Rare - Yes extremely kinda one of a kind for the serial. But.... its only valuable to the right person.
....and the three Blue Juliets and one Blue Penny. All from the same source as the Purple pairs.
1b629a42eb95e092ed11fefc9c001ae4.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I would have to say that rates more then just a regular mill serials tho

Latest Posts

Back