• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serials .... continued so a few more queries

2. Again subjective. I wouldn’t pay any more for C000099 than I would for C001234. But I would pay a lot more for C000420. Greedy people will know that and take advantage of it.
Like this, you mean? ;)

9FA1DFEF-3B14-4860-90D4-B1C5DA6F130B.jpeg

The label in the original post looks like the ones Vaults use when the original is damaged or shouldn’t be used (e.g. when it changes to be a discontinued line). Conceivable that Head Office might use something similar for a warranty return.

I’d expect a carbon Ducati to have a picture label and an x-metal to have the standard barcode label.

E4E9851D-E45C-4E0F-9163-EBC54D5A00E4.jpeg

Last edited:
The label in the original post looks like the ones Vaults use when the original is damaged or shouldn’t be used (e.g. when it changes to be a discontinued line). Conceivable that Head Office might use something similar for a warranty return.
Yes I presume it was the latter then as I purchased them from Vision Express in the UK so presume they would have had a "normal" label but I can't remember if the label / box had been changed.

Back