• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Servicing X-Metals-Oakleys in Hawai’i

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
Aloha everyone. Just wondering what you guys would think about me helping others to fix up their X-metals here on Oahu. The more I take apart my own X-metals, the more comfortable I am at doing it. I’ll probably never reach the level of Zach or the X-man, because I don’t offer a customizing service. But I could be the alternative to having to mail your glasses out and not having them for over a week at least. I could even offer same day service, and perhaps while you wait. And watch. Remember, I do this in my garage. Lol.

Refinishing is a whole matter altogether and that is NOT something I want to do. Basic tune ups or servicing. You buy the parts and I would be happy to help you for a lunch, or pickled mango. Lol.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
A1B3D181-4713-4E42-9697-8958E950E951.gif

I say go for it Robert. Just rethink the "while you wait" part, there's nothing worse than having someone staring over your shoulder when your doing precision work.
Lol. I've been thinking about that. I know I'm not a perfectionist. I have a DIY thread where I have a picture of the nail set I use for my pins. I just have blue tape on the end of that. And I have a block with small holes that I cover with just a T-shirt. You might not want to watch. Lol.

I'm not starting any kind of business here. I don't want to be mailed anything because I can't stand the anxiety of shipping high dollar items. I won't mail it even if YOU paid for it. Heck, I didn't mention money because I wasn't expecting any. I just wanted to help if you live on Oahu and can get to my place in Temple Valley (Ahuimanu - Kahaluu). So it's just a thought still.

I suppose this is more an invitation to all in Hawaii, but especially Oahu. That if you can stop by my place, I will do my best to help you with anything Oakley. And my garage thread is a chronicle of my limited knowledge. I am willing to help for free. as long as you're not trying to take up hours of my time. And remember, I am the non-expert. If you're worried about just anyone servicing your collectable piece, then perhaps better you send it to the experts. Zach and X-man do unreal work. There's a few others also, that are way better than me.

I only mentioned X-metals because that's mostly what I've been working on the last couple of years. I've taken apart, and put back together, about a hundred X-metal pairs with bridge pins. And I haven't damaged anything, yet. Polished some, and anodized some. If you want to see my anodizing set, come on over. If you wanted to see how I wet send and hyper polish titanium. Come on over. I'll help you as best as I can. That's all I'm saying. :cool-33:🤙

Back