• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Several pairs

• Thread starter BakedTater
  • Start date
Lady never replied back, sadly. But it was what I was expecting.

Well that sucks...

Sigh... Well, I guess even though the situation sucks, a good way to approach it is to see it as a life lesson. Think of the " don't count your chickens before they hatch" expression here. I know you're a young man so take it as that... A learning experience.
You have managed some cool scores lately so surely more will come up. Just keep focused.

Reminds me of something I used to tell all the young kids who joined our cycling team. The moment they became good at riding they started to lose focus and would miss out on placing or winning races because they were too confident near the finish line or started celebrating ahead of time and got pipped at the line. I told them " Remember the race is over when you cross the line... Not before". Or for those cycling fans : " You do not want to be Erik Zabel at the finish line in Milan-San Remo in 2004". For those of you who are not cycling fans, Erik Zabel (German sprinter, multiple time TdF Green Jersey winner, arguably one of the most prolific sprinters of his generation) celebrated early at the end of Milan-San Remo (300km classic road race) only to be pipped at the line by a masterful bike throw from Oscar Freire (Spanish sprinter, multiple times world cycling champion). In the pic below you can see the look in Zabel's face (guy in T-Mobile white jersey with German colors) when he realizes he was pipped at the line by Freire (doing the bike throw in the orange and blue Rabobank kit).
Sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent but I wanted to better illustrate the point.

Again... More cool scores will surely follow.
504166655.jpg

Back