• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sexy "1st Gen" Ruby

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
There is always someone wanting some "1st Gen" Ruby lenses. Then the inevitable debate begins.

How's this for some 1st gen Ruby? These are for A Wires. Notice how they look entirely Purple on the white background. You have look at a reflection to even see any Red, but when you see it, it pops!

IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG

Going through all my lenses trying to figure out what some are. I have about 50 pairs to identify. Sigh...

lol
I have calipers and a camera. I'm hoping some can be identified by folks here. Then I'll have to source frames to test fit. Already gone through all the frames I have.

Going through all my lenses trying to figure out what some are. I have about 50 pairs to identify. Sigh...

Yeah, it's not just the purple but also the reds. The 1st gens are really special lenses. There is a holographic type of sensation when you look at them. The color is so deep that the eye gets lost. They hypnotize me sometimes in low light when I see them in the display case. Combine an X Metal frame and you have some of Oakleys finest work.

There is always someone wanting some "1st Gen" Ruby lenses. Then the inevitable debate begins.

How's this for some 1st gen Ruby? These are for A Wires. Notice how they look entirely Purple on the white background. You have look at a reflection to even see any Red, but when you see it, it pops!

View attachment 284657 View attachment 284658

YOU BEAUTIES!

Back