• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shade Station Exclusives | Your Input!

I say you shouldn't do a Frogskin since there are dozens of choices. Way too many Frogs around right now.

Go for a Holbrook. You could recreate some classic Frog colorways (all of these would look fantastic on a Holbrook).

- Matte Red with Grey

- Matte Rootbeer with Fire

- Neon Yellow with Fire or Violet

- Royal Blue with Fire
5735504279_2d4bf18925_z.jpg

(Or if you could actually get Oakley to make a Ghost Text Holbrook, that would be amazing. I'm really interested in seeing how this process will go.)

These are my recommendations. :) I like the thought of the winning member getting a free pair if his idea gets chosen, that would be awesome. Maybe as this goes on we can vote to eliminate choices.

Why I feel one of mine should get chosen
This is one chance for the Oakley community to actually make a difference and choose a pair that is not cookie cutter, bland or generic. We can make a pair that shows we respect Oakley for who they are as a company now, and as a company for what they made in the past. Giving a new style some throwback colors would do exactly that. Bring back the old school vintage throwback inspirations.

Last edited by a moderator:
No no Frogs, i hate them LOL

Very good idea making an exclusive though.
My ideal frame is Holbrook.Frame colour:crystal black gunmetal icons and chrome iridium lenses

that was my idea for a custom I was going to make personally....lol

Holbrook 100% and anything outside the custom field on the Oakley website. A color scheme on corporate would be cool...

As a dealer I would want something that would sell to all customers not just collectors so thats a thought....VR28 polarized, on a matte brown, winner in my book...classy, unique lens, functional, timeless, a seller so you just cant go wrong. but if you want to go shade station colors the red for sho would be epic.

I can do a photoshop of it as well...if any one would like to see designs?

Well, I buy and wear Frogskins, so it would have to be that frame for me.

More importantly though, whatever frame it is, the finish should be a really exclusive finish. Some of the ideas above are nice but are replicas of already classic designs, meaning your exclusive is actually a replica or homage rather than exclusive, or can currently be achieved already via OCP so if you did a frame and lens combo that is actually available via OCP that doesn't really make them exclusive (see the Sneaker Politics thread as an example).

I think the colour palette used is the most important thing. Get a colour that isn't available via OCP or been used before. Revert did an exclusive but it was pretty much a standard colour frame with Revert branding. Nice yes, exclusive sure, but not stand out. SE Bikes however have a brown frame and turquoise legs, which was a colour palette never used before or since, and can't be replicated via OCP. Ditto Sundays or FICE.

A frame in your company logo red colour would like nice. However, I think you'd have to ramp it up with some graphics on the frame as the red is quite close to the current Basin Red Frogskins. Maybe some nice simple graphic on your red colour base frame, similar to the B1-Bs or perhaps even something similar to the BKRW cross hatchet - you could do a different design in a dark red, cream white? If you have the option to do a fade design maybe a dark red to clear fade?

Thinking further outside the box maybe take inspiration from Leeds? I see the Leeds town crest is black and blue, so maybe do the frame in black, and the stems in the blue of the Leeds town crest? If you're big fans of Leeds Rhinos maybe a Rhino inspired colour palette? Think about what icon items represent Leeds or West Yorkshire and then take inspiration from the colour palette that icon uses.

It all really depends on what you want to say. Options, options, options. However I think they key is to use a colour palette not used before and/or not available through OCP. Serial numbering always helps add that exclusive element too. And don't forget the microbag either, funky graphics on that are a must!

You can't get any of the colorways I mentioned via OCP besides Matte Rootbeer.

I feel I'm the only one that doesn't like graphics. :sad:

If I had the choice of making a custom colorway with any frame, it would be the Holbrook:

matte clear frame
-ice, jade or violet iridium lenses
-blue, green or purple icons/rivets

smoke gray frame
-ruby iridium lenses
-red icons/rivets

matte black frame
-OO BIP lenses
-polished black icons/rivets

matte white frame
-tungsten iridium polarized lenses
-polished brown icons/rivets

-ruby iridium lenses
-metallic red icons/rivets

Radarlocks! Metallic red frame with some light grey icons and earsocks and red iridium + clear lens.

my idea would have to be a holbrook with matte crystal red / matte clear fade frame with chrome iridium lenses. icons and rivets will be polished chrome as well.

I think you have to take in to consideration the customer base. ShadeStation sell to everyone, male and female, so it should be a unisex frame. I see lots of ladies wearing Frogskins, I've only ever seen one lady wearing Holbrooks.

I think you have to take in to consideration the customer base. ShadeStation sell to everyone, male and female, so it should be a unisex frame. I see lots of ladies wearing Frogskins, I've only ever seen one lady wearing Holbrooks.

yeah that is a good point you have jk. Another thing to think about is all of the frogs that are being released.

Latest Posts

Back