• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shade Station Exclusives | Your Input!

Whatever frame you chose, I would love to see a more uncommon lens tint used like gold clear, ruby clear, gradients, HI persimmon, G26, or something else we dont see very often!

Chop, This is literally the same thought process I went through. I even spoke about a vr28 polar in a brown matte frame to appeal to the common buyer as that type stuff sells. I did a rendering up above of the fade red to clear earlier figuring it was the only way to set it apart. Shade Station said go wild so its a good design cue for sure and I never leave a good design cue undone. See IH Frogskins as to why...lol

Personally I treated it like a design brief from work but I would kill for the crystal red to clear fade and with a chrome lens would be off the charts...
Great minds think alike. Sure you have hardcore collectors out there, and all have great ideas, but they don't buy the volumes a store needs to move in order for this to work, therefore catering to the masses is a must for survival. But conforming isn't necessary
and that's where you get the killer crystal fades, chromes, etc. Ruby Clear is a killer lens but utterly useless. Too much ghosting and that makes it dead just as it is with Oakley for the most part...You want something sick, get a Jade polar, OO Blue, etc. Stuff that will sell but just isn't seen ever. Then you cater to masses and collectors both..Just my 2 cents twice over lol

I would buy whatever twitch_man or alcapon1 suggested in the Holbrook or frogskins version!

These ideas are absolutely awesome! :) Loving everything at the moment. Let's keep it going, I'm making a note of every idea submitted and everyone will get an input.

My ideal pair... Matte olive Jupiter Squared, brown rubber work, and emerald iridium lenses, etched with a logo or sun in the corner.
However, a possibly better marketing idea would be (to match your name sun store) a yellow frame, with red rubbers and icons, the metal work could be white, still etched with a logo or sun in the corner, and possibly fire lenses?

Really, the best frames IMO would be
Holbrook
Jupiter Squared
Garage Rock
Batwolf (simply because there's so much creativity you can put into it with the icons)

What's your primary demographic ShadeStation?

@Jaymann, I love the brooks, but so sick of the crystal red, just think matte frames are the best and it so happens red is my favorite color:)

Im not bothered if they use my idea or not, I'd just really like a matte red brook:)

Latest Posts

Back