• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Shadow Bob head

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for a shadow Bob head for a reasonable price. PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
@Ironranger88 can 3D print you a full size one if that’s something you’re interested in.

They're tough to find for a reasonable price. Even cracked and dinged ones are going to cost ya $2-300...

I do have a version of bob. But it sucks in my opinion, so I'm reworking it right now. VERSION 1 of my bob is up for free right now on thingiverse under "shadow bob" if you want to see it, but its definitely a work in progress.
If I have time and space, I'm happy to do at cost Bob's for fellow collectors (material plus shipping) usually around 50 to 75 bucks for a full 16 incher.
Once I get version 2 finished (I actually have a real bob to look at and compare with) I'll put him up in the print site for people to have too...

I’m interested

Username Hidden said:
I do have a version of bob. But it sucks in my opinion, so I'm reworking it right now. VERSION 1 of my bob is up for free right now on thingiverse under "shadow bob" if you want to see it, but its definitely a work in progress.
If I have time and space, I'm happy to do at cost Bob's for fellow collectors (material plus shipping) usually around 50 to 75 bucks for a full 16 inches.
Once I get version 2 finished (I actually have a real bob to look at and compare with) I'll put him up in the print site for people to have too...
@Ironranger88 is a top-notch guy to deal with. We have had several conversations about version 1 he mentions here and what differences it has when compared to the original.
IMHO his version 2 when complete will have a symmetric looking Bob as the OEM head from Oakley is lopsided; when looking straight on you can see the ear on one side but not the other; major design flaw as far as a display item goes.

Yeah, I’m definitely going to go with Ironranger88’s option.

Username Hidden said:
@Ironranger88 is a top-notch guy to deal with. We have had several conversations about version 1 he mentions here and what differences it has when compared to the original.
IMHO his version 2 when complete will have a symmetric looking Bob as the OEM head from Oakley is lopsided; when looking straight on you can see the ear on one side but not the other; major design flaw as far as a display item goes.

This is very true. You should see the recast ones, they're even worse, at least the one I got was. Looked like Mike Tyson stuck it in the ear lol

Username Hidden said:
This is very true. You should see the recast ones, they're even worse, at least the one I got was. Looked like Mike Tyson stuck it in the ear lol

He’s quite the biter