• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shallow/Deep H2O Prism owners, help me out please!

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

Now that I'm on vacation I've got quite a bit of fishing planned. I'm going to see if I can find some frames locally with fishing specific lenses but obviously I won't be able to judge which pair will work best for my area in store. I'm thinking the shallow H2O is probably best but I'd like some first hand feedback. The lakes I fish locally are only about 25ft deep in most places. I do quite a bit of bass fishing with some trout fishing mixed in. Another question I had that I'm sure I could Google, are the H2O lenses polarized?

Edit: Apparently Oakley spells it Prizm. I've never cared enough to notice. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know shallow and deep are both polarized. Shallow has the greenish color, deep has blue. That's all I know so far.

I've been wondering about the correct lense to use as well as we lake fish often. I have the deep water lense, but I just got it. Haven't been able to use it out fishing yet.

Yeah in the past they've referred to "prism" technology meaning they were prism compensated, for clarity. When they came out with this new, fine-tuned contrast line, they called it "prizm" with a "z" to (I guess) differentiate from their earlier use of the word...

Yes, both deep and shallow Prizm Water are polarized, deep at 12% trans and shallow at 15% trans. Personally I haven't gotten my hands on those two but they're on my list, the deep more than the shallow.

I know Hog has both but said he had some weather problems the last time he tried to use them in real life. Also @Carrera1963 said he has both cut for Juliet.

Yeah in the past they've referred to "prism" technology meaning they were prism compensated, for clarity. When they came out with this new, fine-tuned contrast line, they called it "prizm" with a "z" to (I guess) differentiate from their earlier use of the word...

Yes, both deep and shallow Prizm Water are polarized, deep at 12% trans and shallow at 15% trans. Personally I haven't gotten my hands on those two but they're on my list, the deep more than the shallow.

I know Hog has both but said he had some weather problems the last time he tried to use them in real life. Also @Carrera1963 said he has both cut for Juliet.
Yeah the few posts I've come across people have bought them but not put them to use for their intended purpose. Really hoping for some solid reviews on water clarity, glare reduction, and if they are better or worse at reducing eye fatigue than regular Oakley polarized lenses.

Based on some of the marketing materials I've seen, it almost appears that Shallow H2O is geared more towards very shallow water, like trout fishing in a creek or something or maybe close to shore. Deep water would seem more appropriate not only for ocean water, but larger lakes as well. Personally, the limited amount of fishing I do is on larger lakes, and I would definitely get the Deep H2O for it, especially since they're darker and better to look at IMO.

Based on some of the marketing materials I've seen, it almost appears that Shallow H2O is geared more towards very shallow water, like trout fishing in a creek or something or maybe close to shore. Deep water would seem more appropriate not only for ocean water, but larger lakes as well. Personally, the limited amount of fishing I do is on larger lakes, and I would definitely get the Deep H2O for it, especially since they're darker and better to look at IMO.
I haven't seen much marketing material in this area, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to find them locally. I really appreciate the input. I may head out in a bit to see if the local sporting goods place has any.

I have both but they only came in yesterday so no practical experience yet. They are both definitely polarised. Shallow is a nice looking lens but deep is stunning - I know aesthetics isn't what you were after, but that's all I have so far!

Shallow is for river fishing though, so at 25ft you're probably looking at deep.

I have both but they only came in yesterday so no practical experience yet. They are both definitely polarised. Shallow is a nice looking lens but deep is stunning - I know aesthetics isn't what you were after, but that's all I have so far!

Shallow is for river fishing though, so at 25ft you're probably looking at deep.
Well 25ft is the deepest parts. I've been told the average in the main lake I fish in is really only about 8-10ft aside from the trenches.

I can't comment on how the Deep look on the water because I haven't been out yet, but I'll agree with Carrera on how amazing they look. I actually like them better than Sapphire.

Back