• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shallow vs Deep Water Prizm Lenses

Avalon John

Oakley Beginner
Can't decide which I 'need' more. I fish a lot during the summer, from sun up till about 2 or 3 when the sun is brightest. I have a pair of polarized G30s that i was going to use, but I can't stop looking at the Prizm lenses. I think my G30s would be very comparable to the shallow lens as far as light transmission, so I am leaning toward the Deep Water lenses. Is the only difference between the shallow and deep the percentage of light transmission (I believe the deep is 10% and shallow is 21%... ), or are there other differences?

Or should I just buy both (j/k can't afford both...).

Can't decide which I 'need' more. I fish a lot during the summer, from sun up till about 2 or 3 when the sun is brightest. I have a pair of polarized G30s that i was going to use, but I can't stop looking at the Prizm lenses. I think my G30s would be very comparable to the shallow lens as far as light transmission, so I am leaning toward the Deep Water lenses. Is the only difference between the shallow and deep the percentage of light transmission (I believe the deep is 10% and shallow is 21%... ), or are there other differences?

Or should I just buy both (j/k can't afford both...).
I think one is for deep water....the other for shallow....but I could be wrong.

Lol, you've cleared it up. The Shallow one supposedly lets more light in because fishing in the shallows usually goes along with overhanging trees and the shadows they create on the water. The deep block more light because typically deep water is open water... My question is if they are the same lens other than light trans...

Lol, you've cleared it up. The Shallow one supposedly lets more light in because fishing in the shallows usually goes along with overhanging trees and the shadows they create on the water. The deep block more light because typically deep water is open water... My question is if they are the same lens other than light trans...
I know....i couldnt help myself. Not sure about transmission, but I prefer the deep myself. No other reason beside I prefer looking through it over the shallow.

Latest Posts

Back