• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shallow water polarized?

WildWires

I should Work at Oakley
Does anybody have any pictures/examples of what prizm shallow water polarized looks like to look through? How does it compare to say prizm tungsten or prizm road?

In this thread, I have some pics of the view through SWP and Prizm Tungsten along with some others. They aren’t side by side, but it might give you an idea. I use SWP and Prizm Tungsten polar in similar conditions (cloudy/overcast). Love both.

Thank you for the replies, I am thinking about putting a set of these lenses in an m2 for cycling. I personally really like copper based lenses which it looks like these are?

yes, that is very true, I guess it's because your eyes adjust. However, I've found that Prizm Snos Black, which has 6% transmission, you sort of keep seeing the dark amber/purple even after a long period
I just got those and haven’t put them on very long yet. Looking forward to testing them out:)

I just got those and haven’t put them on very long yet. Looking forward to testing them out:)
I agree with X Metal Beast. They are nice lenses but really dark, I tried a pair of these but didn’t keep them because my eyes just couldn’t adjust correctly.

Isn’t it amazing that when you first put on a pair of Oakley’s with crazy tints that your eyes adjust and it seem normal after a while?

When I wear Jade Iridium for a while, when I take them off I see green for a few seconds until my eyes adjust.

Freaked me out the first time.

Back