• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Share your scars and the story behind them

The Proprietary Molecule

OAE Scar Lord
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
No, not Oakley Scars, but the injury / surgery ones.

68 stitches from a run in with an Atomic ARC racing ski in 2002. The only thing that stopped the outside of my calf from being sliced off, was my ski boot.

Never even felt it happen.

The wound was gaping and grisly. The ER Doc said it looked like I had been attacked by a shark.

I developed a nasty infection and my wife thought I was going to lose part of my leg.

Took 2 ski seasons to get my mojo back.

20200920_195605.jpg

No, not Oakley Scars, but the injury / surgery ones.

68 stitches from a run in with an Atomic ARC racing ski in 2002. The only thing that stopped the outside of my calf from being sliced off, was my ski boot.

Never even felt it happen.

The wound was gaping and grisly. The ER Doc said it looked like I had been attacked by a shark.

I developed a nasty infection and my wife thought I was going to lose part of my leg.

Took 2 ski seasons to get my mojo back.

View attachment 791031

Did they look like these?

DSC_0722 (1).JPG

Went right through the kevlar reinforced trousers, but the boots stopped them from slicing up my leg :D

1600710575278.png

Got this scar in 2013, left quite a mark on me and my collection. I was able to get rid of the worn out areas with cosmetic changes, but ultimately ended up moving it on.

I do have one major scar on my nosebridge. As a kid, I was pretty fearless and thought I could make this far jump...ended up smashing my nose into the side of a wall.

View attachment 791207
Got this scar in 2013, left quite a mark on me and my collection. I was able to get rid of the worn out areas with cosmetic changes, but ultimately ended up moving it on.

I do have one major scar on my nosebridge. As a kid, I was pretty fearless and thought I could make this far jump...ended up smashing my nose into the side of a wall.

Photos ? We can't take your word for it. :behindsofa:

Back