• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shaun White GOLDbrook

^^Itd be pretty hard for them to give you a replacement pair of Goldbrooks 5/6/7 months down the road when they completely sell out within hours the first day. At least theyre making an effort. And ofcourse youre not going to get a limited edition replacement anything. If they had extra ones to swap, that would defeat the purpose of them being limited.

Its going to be an Oakley FMJ finish, granted they have never done gold before, it should hold up similar to other FMJ finishes. I have had my white chrome scalpels for about a year and use them almost daily and have one small patch where the finish has started to come off.

actually they did do a FMJ gold finish before, Supreme Frogskins a couple years back now, 07 if memory suits me. ive seen them before and they are unreal

Your saying the warranty department couldn't keep some parts in stock for a problem they know will occur? It still wouldn't make them any less limited either, it's not like anybody could call them up and say "yeah I've got a pair of these glasses and the finish is peeling" and then they just send the pair off. They would get the peeling ones back and send out a good pair. As far as a effort goes I disagree 100%, by giving me a pair of glasses that retailed for half the price. That would sit well with you? You shell out $250 for these glasses and 8 months from now the finish peels off and they want to replace them with a pair of stock basic glasses, not even a different limited edition pair that they have now. I know Oakley in Canada has echelon's coming, I have talked to them and they will be shipping first week of August, and I had a friend order me some and he has confirmed with his rep that they will indeed be on the way. So my request for them to replace my chrome jawbones with the echelon's wasn't really out of line.

^^I shell out $250 because I want them. Im shelling out the money knowing beforehand they will eventually peel off, so yes, that does sit just fine with me.

No, warranty cant keep "just the parts" for special/limited edition pairs. Too much of a risk of people just taking the parts, putting them together, then selling/keeping them for themselves. Which ultimately, ruins the exclusivity. And if they kept "good pairs" in stock to replace peoples peeling pairs, that too, defeats the purpose of them being limited. 1000 pairs. Total. Thats it.

And as far as you asking for Echelon Jawbones to replace your Chrome Jawbones (which, honestly, you should have known theyd peel before you pulled the trigger on them), the quicker you learn there is no mix-n-match warranty policy, the better off youll be. Youre not gonna buy a brand new Volkswagon Jetta, then 6 months down the road have the air conditioning break, then take it back and trade it for a brand new Passat, just because its under warranty. It just doesnt work that way.

I agree, I'll spend the $250 if I find a pair. I know NOW that they will peel and will take measures to delay that from happening.

Warranty can't keep parts because people could put them together and take them? Pretty sure that's called theft and the person would be fired on the spot regardless of what the parts they were taking belonged to. I'm not saying I expect Oakley to have a replacement for me 4 years down the road, but if after 3 months the finish is peeling off you don't feel it would be fair to get a replacement? What's the point of having a 1 year warranty on them if you can never get warranty and get the same product again, if that's the case sell them without warranty, don't tell me they have a 1 year warranty and then not be able to warranty the problem.

OBlazer may like your analogy, I however fail to see where you think I'd be upgrading with the warranty swap I proposed to Oakley. I suggested for my limited edition chrome JAWBONE FRAMES they send me a pair of echelon JAWBONE FRAMES, it's the same product for the same product at least. Both are limited editions, both have the same retail value I'm sure for just the frame. I didn't ask them to upgrade me to a C-six, and as far as a mix and match warranty policy, that's what they proposed to me. I send in my chrome's they send me any pair of stock frames I want. There's where the initial mix-n-match came from, I asked for it to be closer to fair.

Tell you what, if you really think that's fair for them to take a limited ed pair for a stock pair send me a limited pair of Oakley's from your collection and I'll send you a replacement pair of the same glasses in a stock colour option. I'll even let you pick the colour!! Sounds like a deal only a fool would pass up, PM me and I'll send you my address so you can ship me the glasses as soon as possible, I know your itching to get a pair of stock everyday glasses in return.

WOW WOW WOW
i like those Holbrooks. . . hopefully i will get on online!

Back