• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shaun White Holbrook FMJ Goldw/ Gold Iridium Polarized

Im still hesitating to sell mine. Maybe i will give them a try on the beach this summer, but im kinda scared of the bling bling effect

These were supposed to be sold in "Action sports" stores only such as surf and skate shops. They are still around because what average skater/surfer kid walks into their shop expecting to pay over $250 for a pair of sunglasses?! I think its a little outrageous which is why mine are still sitting in my local surf shop. Not interested. And if anyone wants to argue about this being an opinion, its not. I got this info directly in person at Oakley HQ on monday by a corporate employee that was outside for their event that happened to be going on at the time. I got tons of info that day and am not trying to be annoying I'm just simply stating the facts that i was given. I do know that a couple stores and a vault got a pair or two because i saw them myself.

Well hopefully an average skater/surfer kid can't afford them, i don't want to wear skater/surfer kid glasses ;o

These used to fetch 400+ on the bay no problem. Took all of 24 hrs to sell out on-line. Production numbers aside, these were big and honestly probably will be again someday. Unlike most Oakley releases these days, these truly did seem like a "one-and-done" type deal. How many were in the "one" is up for debate, but in the end they are all gold, holbrooks are popular, and they do not seem like they are coming back anytime soon (sounds like Oakleys FMJ production process isn't exactly 6-sigma from the feedback I've seen (engineering joke)). To me that implies that they were/are/will be rare. Now if your talking about what scalper prices you might get for them, that is a different story, but they will be worth more than retail sometime in the future, my guess is this (US) summer......

They were all a hype like everyone else has said, I remember when these were supposed to come out the manager at my store was all excited because we was actually getting two of them in his store and that was something difficult to when they first came out. Now they have died down and went down in price. I personally don't like them. I don't like the really flashy gold frames. I don't mind gold or 24k lenses but for me the whole frame is way to much.

I also think a lot of accounts never got their orders fulfilled. A surf shop I deal with had 6 on order, and after months of delays, just had their orders cancelled.

the production numbers for those is 1000 . . .
not realy rare. a few stores still have them. after the hype during the release and out of stock - back in stock game many members wanted a pair but now it's just a "rare" pair - nothing special beside the lenses IMO

Back