• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shill bidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatarethosee

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
There’s some gems on eBay I’ve been eyeing from a specific seller and the bids have raised a lot of these pairs well above what they typically sell for... some have pairs listed and yet the auction is over what you could buy the pair outright at. I’m just curious what the collective thought is on the auctions? Are they being shill bid to drive price up or do you guys think they are actually going for those prices?

Really have to have more information of what’s being bid on. A typical everyday pair of say Juliet’s? Probably not. A one off or 1 of 500 pair of something then maybe. Did they have a reserve? Etc

yeah, for the $ amount i guess it depends on the item/seller/perceived value. I have items that I list at what I paid rounded up with tax and they don’t sell as quickly as I think they would. but am I gonna spend hours relisting and shill bidding etc. to make $5? meh. now if I spent a disproportionate amount (I think $100 is a good $ amount for sunglasses) like 4-10x whats “normal” then I would just start at the perceived value and leave it there.

Here an example from one of his auctions:
This person has 450 bids, 100% with Joe.
Bid on 73 items?

30-Day Summary
Total bids:
Items bid on:
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
100%
btnHelp.gif
Bid retractions:
Bid retractions (6 months):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back