• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shill bidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebay is not the place. Its 10%. Just like bringatrailer.com The last car I sold was an Sti highly modified. Wasnt getting any hits locally. autotrader, cars.com or cargurus.com is where I would list these days. Even craigslist has a fee for listing cars now.
True that on CL.
Just use your head and for the most part don’t trust, or think they are your friend, my mistake…..
Unfortunately.

True that on CL.
Just use your head and for the most part don’t trust, or think they are your friend, my mistake…..
Unfortunately.
What happend?? My uncle has been buying stuff from CG for YEARS and i worry for his safety becauae he's too flashy

We have a local website for buying and selling guns (sanctuary cities only ;) ) where you can sell ammo or guns. Lately people have been getting frikkin held up for their sales. One guy talking to you and another will come up and strong arm you for your ammo or guns. Pretty scary situation knowing youre a gun owner. I think any internet transaction needs extra scrutiny.

We have a local website for buying and selling guns (sanctuary cities only ;) ) where you can sell ammo or guns. Lately people have been getting frikkin held up for their sales. One guy talking to you and another will come up and strong arm you for your ammo or guns. Pretty scary situation knowing youre a gun owner. I think any internet transaction needs extra scrutiny.
That's why when i'm in a situation just like that i always have my back against a wall and left hand in my pocket (scared people that would try to jump you).

Shill bidders, scammers and dishonest people can die in an oil fire. It is illegal as @Nucchem stated in this thread. But more than that, it makes it where people can't get in to the hobby without worry. It puts off people that could be assets, people that may be sitting on things we all want, people that may want the things we have to offer. And its crappy things like this that makes people like me go away.
Which is exactly why I have and will continue to call out shaddy Mother****ers here....rule or no rule.

Never heard of that. Sorry for all these questions. Was planning to sell my car at the end of the year but don't know where nor how. I've always just traded it in the past
Facebook Marketplace is the way most people buy and sell cheaper used cars nowadays. Craigslist used to be the go to, but Facebook marketplace has far less scams. Not zero, but less.

Tell me the bidding on this doesn't look weird, two bidders both with zero bid history. Maybe I just think nothing with this man will ever ring honest to me, maybe I am wrong. Just got a thorn imbedded between a couple ribs I guess. Check it though. If some honest guy s waiting to jump in at the last minute, then I guess he chose what he wanted to pay, still just burns my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back