• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shill bidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t read this entire thread, but have a general question. Not specific to any seller. I’ve only bought from eBay and never sold anything. Is there anyway for the seller to know what your top bid is? I ask because I’ve bid before in the past on a couple things and sometimes someone bids all the way up to my final bid then stops where I am still the wining bidder by one dollar.
Usually they’ll shill bid up and cancel their last bid that went over your top

I've stayed up on the thread, just was letting everyone debate here - the issue is there's no bidding on here. It's on eBay and we don't have the ability to verify anything happening or not happening. Also, should we really be the police across the internet?

I mean shill bidding is against eBays ToS, and they have MUCH more advanced systems than any of us assuming it's occurring, so why wouldn't they be catching it and shutting down his account?

We have the scams section, I've also let this thread stay up - I mean this is where "scammer" begins to enter a grey area. Did he steal your money? Did he scam you? Or are you just upset that he supposedly bid up an item? Not saying I support that whatsoever but again it's a grey area, then combined with the fact that it's happening on another platform. Has anyone reported this to eBay? Like I said they have much more advanced systems, to me it'd be easy for them to check. And honestly I'd be shocked if this isn't automated to flag accounts and suspend them for behavior like this.

This guy thats leading the bids has been dupped out of at least $200 so far. Check the bidder below the current winner.

I hope this isn't a OF member.

One can bid on Joe rip off if they watch what they are doing or just set a price they are willing to pay. If the Shill bid wins and its close to what Joe rip off needs then he will contact you and ask if you would be willing to pay the last priced bid, if not it will be relisted. But if this was the case and this above bidding ended, you can see the the winner will have paid $200 more than he should of.

E7EB242D-5735-48B9-BD75-5D97962C0874.jpeg

See the above post from me. This is a SCAM by no other words, when **** like this happens.
SCAM, and if its an OF member then he is scamming this family!!!!!!🤬
If he’s an of member it means that he’s aware and is moronically stupid enough to even bid on his shiieet 😪 and that’s his fault

If he’s an of member it means that he’s aware and is moronically stupid enough to even bid on his shiieet 😪 and that’s his fault
Heeeey. I bid on that one. then I retracted after I noticed he said the serial number was the number on the box and confirmed it was a non-serial release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back