• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shill bidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t he pay fees? Or is everything being canceled? I’d think eBay would catch on, if that is the case...
I dont know if ebay even pays attention to this. But I saw the same crap when I looked at the history of the few pairs of spikes I was working on.
He said this:
They have two positive feedback in the last month showing that they paid for two items that they won. They are someone who hasn't won anything before from me from what I can tell. At least they don't have 0 feedback.

Cheers,

Joseph

Which means to me at least, his shill accounts are buying knickers and face masks...

Won’t he pay fees? Or is everything being canceled? I’d think eBay would catch on, if that is the case...

What he might be doing is using one of his secondary accounts and messaging himself on the primary account asking to cancel the purchase /auction won.. then the sale gets cancelled and he selects “buyer asks to cancel “ with no negative consequences to status of his primary account

One of his prototypes has been “re-opened” as the eBay email stated. First time I’ve seen an auction referred to in this way.

D1DC5202-399D-4E7C-910B-C3B550F59682.jpeg

Is this an example? Are those bids one after another from someone else bidding but this "1" person has a higher max so it keeps raising it(and doesn't show that new bidder) or are they just arbitrarily raising the auction price?
1600060948473.png

Last edited:
Is this an example? Are those bids one after another from someone else bidding but this "1" person has a higher max so it keeps raising it(and doesn't show that new bidder) or are they just arbitrarily raising the auction price?
View attachment 788270
In this case, I think it is the ebay auto bid feature. Bidders can set an automatic max bid. Ebay bids up to the max until there is a new high bid.

I've been keeping an eye on some of the pairs he's listed on eBay as well, for the past few weeks......

1. Items are usually being "bid up" almost immediately after posting and then consistently for the duration of the auction.
2. It seems that, more often than not, when a pair sells for a semi-high or normal price, it is usually being relisted....and almost immediately. But the pairs selling for CRAZY prices, strangely, aren't.

34 bids on a pair from the Surf Collection?
31 for a pair from Blacklight Collection?
29 for a pair from the Moto Collection?

GTFOH....bids are totally being manipulated.

Pardon my naiveté, why not set a minimum bid or a high buy it now price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back