• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping display case

3.1 type/size
Anyone ever ship or been quoted?

Curious what freight costs and if anyone has any advise. $250 ish to ship perhaps?
Flat pack shipping would be cheaper, if whoever has it can tackle the task of disassembling it.

I previously sold a set of (4) 17x8.5 wheels to a guy across the country (CT > WA) and he suggested using Greyhound Shipping. I forgot what the cost was but it beat UPS, Fedex & USPS - I packed them up in 4 boxes, paid for them as though it was 1 shipment and dropped them off at the Bus Depot near me.

Check out uship.com

I’ve used them several times. The last move I got a double wide delivered for about $100.

Now that’s what I was hoping to hear!!
That seriously opens up so many possibilities for me, Man that’s clutch.
I was really hoping for exactly what you said but thought it might be like a G lol

Now I gotta learn to warm up the sellers I speak with to this idea.

It’s a good deal. People already going your way can a few extra bucks hauling your case and usually the seller doesn’t have to do anything.

Just get em to accept PayPal and you’re set.

Flat pack shipping would be cheaper, if whoever has it can tackle the task of disassembling it.

I previously sold a set of (4) 17x8.5 wheels to a guy across the country (CT > WA) and he suggested using Greyhound Shipping. I forgot what the cost was but it beat UPS, Fedex & USPS - I packed them up in 4 boxes, paid for them as though it was 1 shipment and dropped them off at the Bus Depot near me.

I don’t know any methods of shipping large goods so thank you for the suggestion. I used freight as a verb almost.

And I’m in WA so I’ll definitely take a look!
A case is considerably larger but nonetheless an option.

Is flat pack a greyhound specific thing?

And the trucker will pick up directly from the sellers driveway?
Damn that’s slick
Yep. And deliver right to your door. You can be specific too and request and enclosed trailer with tie downs and for the case to be blanket wrapped. It’s an excellent service. Works best if you have the dimensions and weight of the case already so the drivers can know what they’re dealing with.

I’ve had double wides, singles, pedestals, and countertops delivered by uShip drivers and never had an issue.

I don’t know any methods of shipping large goods so thank you for the suggestion. I used freight as a verb almost.

And I’m in WA so I’ll definitely take a look!
A case is considerably larger but nonetheless an option.

Is flat pack a greyhound specific thing?
Nah, flat pack was just a general idea for reducing the shipping footprint

Yep. And deliver right to your door. You can be specific too and request and enclosed trailer with tie downs and for the case to be blanket wrapped. It’s an excellent service. Works best if you have the dimensions and weight of the case already so the drivers can know what they’re dealing with.

I’ve had double wides, singles, pedestals, and countertops delivered by uShip drivers and never had an issue.
You have had great luck with UShip. I did not.

My best quote was $150’ish for a Countertop Display to be moved from soCal to NorCal (400’ish Miles).

If OP can get a deal like you got via UShip - grab it!

Otherwise, your looking LTL (less than Truckload), and you need to crate it ($125 were my quote for crate alone), then transport $350-550 were my ranges)

Back