• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping internationally

That sux, I'll cross my fingers that won't be the case, but if it is not too much I can do at this point. That would make my bill around $210, ouch
It's was awhile ago but the numbers in general I believe we're close... could have been more like $60, but it was definitely up there. I was thinking something like $20, no big deal... Man was I surprised, lol. Still a decent price considering the R1 had box and coin though. Needed a refinish but xman helped with that :)

The bill for $70 was mostly DHL brokerage fees. This is common pratice amoung all the express consignment companies. There is no way 20% duty was charged on even export only US produced goods being returned.

Your shipment if postal isnt going to have brokerage fees. As for ISC versus Customs everything goes thru Customs. When you actually see it listed it could be for any one of a dozen reasons. While it very well could be the value of the gift it could have been random. If you are going to get a bill for duty it would have stayed longer.

The bill for $70 was mostly DHL brokerage fees. This is common pratice amoung all the express consignment companies. There is no way 20% duty was charged on even export only US produced goods being returned.

Your shipment if postal isnt going to have brokerage fees. As for ISC versus Customs everything goes thru Customs. When you actually see it listed it could be for any one of a dozen reasons. While it very well could be the value of the gift it could have been random. If you are going to get a bill for duty it would have stayed longer.
Good to know!!! Stupid DHL... lol

No point in marking it as a gift over a certain value - all it does is attract more attention from Customs. In the UK, any "gift" over £34 attracts VAT and over £135 attracts duty, at which point there is no reason to mark as a gift. Paid them sooo much over the years :(

No point in marking it as a gift over a certain value - all it does is attract more attention from Customs. In the UK, any "gift" over £34 attracts VAT and over £135 attracts duty, at which point there is no reason to mark as a gift. Paid them sooo much over the years :(

Dont judge all Customs by the standards of Her Majesty's Customs and Excise.