• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping Out Of Canada - EXPENSIVE?

anyone else run into this? I just went on the Canada post website and its all ridiculously steep. $40 for basic parcel with no tracking to australia. from the US its about $10/15..

whats the deal? makes it tough to buy from canada

I ship/buy stuff from a forum member on here who lives in Canada, and for him it's about $20 to ship from there to US. to Ship there, its about $20 for priority...i hate it lol.

I ship/buy stuff from a forum member on here who lives in Canada, and for him it's about $20 to ship from there to US. to Ship there, its about $20 for priority...i hate it lol.

yeah its $40 by ground to australia, $75 by air. lets compare - its $10 by ground from the US and $30 max express. whassup canada LOL. do they use gold-eating dragons to courier their mail?

My recent experience seems to have been the opposite. I shipped a small padded envelope from Ontario to Poland, and it was half the price of shipping a similar padded envelope to Calgary. I find it all very confusing.

For basic air service (non-express), Canada is pretty reasonable.
A small packet (needs to be less than 2cm deep and max 500g) is $5.09 to anywhere in the world. $2.60 to the US.

For a deeper item, the key is to make sure it is at least 14x9x1 cm. For a usual Oakley box, it is smaller than that. If you hit that dimension, it's about $8 to the US and $13 internationally.

*Both of the above are for basic service with no tracking/signature. Anything express from Canada is BEYOND expensive. $25 minimum for US and double that internationally.

I guess the difference is that Canada Post is taking advantage of their monopoly.

Latest Posts

Back