• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shohei Ohtani Collection

nikefreak23

I should Work at Oakley
Oregon
Does anyone own any of his glasses? Radar EV Path, Mercenary, or Frogskins. I am just wondering what the lenses are actually etched with. The Oakley description says "Ohtani" is etched on the lenses on all three glasses; however the stock photo shows its just the regular ol' Prizm script. TIA.

Screen_Shot_2020_06_25_at_6.47.37_PM.jpg

Black and red instead of Navy blue and red??
What a major league fail 🤦‍♂️
these look like all the other models in Oakley lineup

View attachment 890866

Black and red instead of Navy blue and red??
What a major league fail 🤦‍♂️
these look like all the other models in Oakley lineup
The reason for those specific colors is because Ohtani plays for the Los Angeles Angels and those are the team colors; albeit black is definitely a secondary shade to the white/red colorway. It has Japanese emblems imprinted in the frames and his name on the interior of the nosebridge as well.

The reason for those specific colors is because Ohtani plays for the Los Angeles Angels and those are the team colors; albeit black is definitely a secondary shade to the white/red colorway. It has Japanese emblems imprinted in the frames and his name on the interior of the nosebridge as well.
Dear Nike freak.......i can tell you the exact color scheme of every MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL + most NCAA teams without looking them up..... i am sadly like fucking Rainman when it comes to this 😅

And i can tell you that the Angels color scheme is Red, Blue and White, there is not a drop of black in there.

There is so much potential, in red, blue, white, silver....... ......... hence my disappointment when seeing Oakley went with black and red.

Los Angeles Angels Color Codes Hex, RGB, and CMYK - Team Color Codes

Last edited:
nikefreak, is Mike Trout still with Oakley or Nike?
Tom, he switched to Nike Vision in 2013, wearing the Show X1 Elite, Windshield Elite, and now the Show X3 Elite. Before that, he wore the Oakley Radarlock and Radar Path.

And sorry about the description of the Angels colors; I didn't mean to come across as condescending! The Trout jersey that I own has black accenting around the name and numbers, so that's why I said that black is one of their colors. I really like that color link though, that's really cool!

Last edited:
Tom, he switched to Nike Vision in 2013, wearing the Show X1 Elite, Windshield Elite, and now the Show X3 Elite. Before that, he wore the Oakley Radarlock and Radar Path.

And sorry about the description of the Angels colors; I didn't mean to come across as condescending! The Trout jersey that I own has black accenting around the name and numbers, so that's why I said that black is one of their colors. I really like that color link though, that's really cool!
Thanks man, Nike also make some excellent sunglasses, i have three X1's.

with black on your jersey, you might want to grab a new Shohei or Mike jersey, they are only $440 ... 😅......... :rolleyes:...

i am also a fan of Nike products, but they sure did every baseball fan dirty by raising the price for aut. jerseys with $100 just because it have a Swoosh on the front !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, Nike also make some excellent sunglasses, i have three X1's.

with black on your jersey, you might want to grab a new Shohei or Mike jersey, they are only $440 ... 😅......... :rolleyes:...

i am also a fan of Nike products, but they sure did every baseball fan dirty by raising the price for aut. jerseys with $100 just because it have a Swoosh on the front !
What, I need to see these X1's! I own 60 pairs of Nike sunglasses, I think that was my first post on here, I took a pic of the case where I store them.

I knew Nike was gonna do that lol. Their stuff is crazy expensive.

So, I ended up getting them for myself and answered my own question lol. The lens is NOT etched with his name; just the old Prizm script. The etching on the frame matches the microbag, which is a nice touch.

PXL_20210908_025455283.jpg

PXL_20210908_025525027.jpg

Latest Posts

Back