• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Get A Pit Boss?

Should Ron Buy A Pit Boss?

• Yes! They're a must have!

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No. Keep your money and buy something else worthwhile

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
go try it... and buy what u like, cos ultimately, it is u that will be wearing it... regardless of what everyone says.

although i bitch about the price, i still love my pit boss! :)

I'm definitely still considering it. I just have to choose between having on of those or possibly two X-Metals. :D

I forgot to mention this earlier. When I was at the O Store tonight, the rep I talked to (a collector himself, really nice guy, very helpful and knowledgeable) mentioned that another collector told him that Split Jacket lenses are compatible with the Pit Boss. Is there any truth to this?

From what I've read you have to send in your Pit Boss if you need new lenses. They don't even offer replacement lenses online or at stores. However tonight while we were talking we noticed that you can just pop the lenses out of the Pit Boss like any other O-Matter pair. Both he and I initially thought the orbital screw was somehow involved with the lens replacement process but in reality it seems that its only function is to screw in the titanium cover.

If it is true that the Split Jacket lenses are compatible, it certainly opens up a lot of possibilities for lens choices.

i will check the split jacket lenses tonight!!
that would be awesome :dance3:

I'd have to go with a YES. I have a pair, probably not worth the money BUT they will becpme a piece of Oakley history (as will the C-six). & as everyone knows, & I quote "your not a true collector until you have a pair".........LOL. I've had mine over a year now & only worn them maybe half a dozen times but i love taking them out of their box & microbag.

Back