• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I sell?

12second12

Oakley Beginner
I'm torn as to whether, or not to sell the Romeo Jordan's
I already pulled the original red ear socks off, and put red Juliet's on, to preserve the original ones, and am looking at another lens set to take the originals out. This is stupid!
I wear my xx and don't worth about that crap. Maybe I should let a collector have them, and just wear my junk out!
I know we're all different, but where's the line on wearing them daily?
I wore them to a horse show today, and caught myself thinking I could break these here today!
When I'm golfing with my xx on, it's not even a thought usually.

Because right now the economy is relatively strong and these things have topped out on prices.......nows the time to sell.

Obviously it's a strong market for anything x metal, but these Jordan's have a strong following.
I just catch myself thinking 1,000 dollar sunglasses. It's ridiculous!

The flip side to this is that some people collect and just have them sitting there anyway. If they don't do it for you any more and you are just getting out, then it's a good time. If you feel like you might kick yourself down the road, then hold on to them. Personally I have metals that just sit and I don't wear, but many like to wear everything they own. It's all a matter of personal preference. If you are like me, then you are content just having them and letting them sit as part of a collection, and not worrying that they will get messed up.

I'm torn as to whether, or not to sell the Romeo Jordan's
I already pulled the original red ear socks off, and put red Juliet's on, to preserve the original ones, and am looking at another lens set to take the originals out. This is stupid!
I wear my xx and don't worth about that crap. Maybe I should let a collector have them, and just wear my junk out!
I know we're all different, but where's the line on wearing them daily?
I wore them to a horse show today, and caught myself thinking I could break these here today!
When I'm golfing with my xx on, it's not even a thought usually.

In my opinion, the point of collecting these Oakley products is to enjoy them in whatever fashion that pleases you. Some like staring at them in a case, some like wearing them, some do both, some puts them in boxes and keeps them. It's normal that you are careful because you know the value of the item. But if you worry about it too much then perhaps you should sell or trade it for other X-Metals you feel you'd enjoy more. However, Romeo Jordan's are indeed rare so do thing about it hard as you may indeed regretting selling them in the future. If it were me, I'd keep it and get replacement lens and rubbers for using while preserving the original rubbers and lens stored away in a box.

Personally I would stick hold of em. They are hard to come by and you could instantly regret it. Try not to worry about damage too much, they can virtually always be fixed (X-Man etc). Lenses can easily be cut........
Enjoy what you have :cool:

Back