• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I?

bigOak

Oakley Beginner
I know that for most of you, this wouldnt even be a question, but here it goes. My 21st birthday is tomorrow, and I thought, hmm maybe I should get a minute machine.

At with emp discount, itd be around $400. But only being a 21 year old college kid, there are of course other things I want, such as the usual: PS3, a new TV, new mac, my first o-fficial O display case, maybe even another x-metal or 2.

As an employee, I know the quality of the watch, stats, and facts about it, but what I want you guys to tell me your personal user experience. How does it feel? Is it something that you like wearing everyday? Would you recommend this watch hands down?

Also, I want to know if its something you would suggest for a first time starter watch. I usually don't wear watches at all, but I've tried it on several times and it feels great. Do you guys feel that its something I'd want to wear everyday like my managers do?

From an employee to another employee. I wear my minute machine every single day since I got it. I didn't just get it to get an oakley watch to prove to customers that i believe in the quality of our products. From day one i believed. I wear my minute machine (and I'm contemplating on the time bomb 2) because I love everything about it. As far as a starter watch it is pretty technical for it, maybe take a look at the gearbox? But if you really like the style of the minute machine I highly recommend it.

When you look at things in a bigger context...you are getting a TOP quality watch (swiss made, forged titanium metal, made in the U.S) FOR 400 BUCKS!!! Sure its not a rolex or a uboat or whatever but for the price for that quality is unbeatable.If you like watches, and you truly want a watch. I say pull the trigger. But the display case isn't a bad option either, xmetals you can pretty much whenever you want.

Thats just my opinion though.

+1 to what faxmanjazz is saying. My discount isn't as big as yours but I am military and I am about to pull the trigger on one. It depends on how bad you want a watch. Taking a step back though from oakleys, a PS3 and a new LCD TV sounds nice too. By the time I get mine you will probably have made your decision lol, but good luck on deciding!

when i first started at oakley one of my first buys was a 12 gauge! i just picked up a minute machine thsi week! man you cant go wrong with these watches! i get complaments on my watch just about everyday! like what was said above if you are a watch guy go for it! X metas arent a bad idea either.

MY TWO CENTS.......
If your an employee these aren't going anywhere, they are not on the discontinue list and will be there a few months from now possibly even years... Where as the display cases are getting more and more difficult to find in decent condition especially if you desire a original steel case... The aluminum's are starting to dwindle out some as well and IMO those are the two to choose from. So my vote would be to grab up a display case and start pimpin your goods in style...

You would probably appreciate the watch more if you are used to wearing watches. I have had multiple Oakley watches but I am not used to wearing a watch anymore and have gotten rid of them all, but the watch seems like the most logical choice. I have had the PS3's (new stuff is coming out), new TV's (LED's in my opinion are the best have a google TV and a Panasonic LED and receive compliments nonstop about the picture), have a Mac computer, but all of those are getting updated constantly. That is the problem with electronics nowadays though.

MY TWO CENTS.......
If your an employee these aren't going anywhere, they are not on the discontinue list and will be there a few months from now possibly even years... Where as the display cases are getting more and more difficult to find in decent condition especially if you desire a original steel case... The aluminum's are starting to dwindle out some as well and IMO those are the two to choose from. So my vote would be to grab up a display case and start pimpin your goods in style...

+2 on this!

Good points made here. It all depends on what is worth more to him. I mean to be honest when I was 21 I cared more about video games, partying, and bar-hoppin. In the end it's for him to decide what he wants to spend his money on. Happy Birthday again by the way Chris!

Back