• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should It Be Our Social Responsibility?

washi me sensie

The Oakley Rōnin
Wifey sends me to buy something at the groceries... as i was going home i saw a newly opened optical shop, with a sign - SALE- 50% off! went in and just started looking. saw that they are selling a lot of oakley, then saw this:

nncm.jpg

pitboss 2! salesman told me its original price is 600$ and now they are selling it for 300 bucks. asked for the wooden box and he said that they "run out" of the wooden box... hmmmm, ok!.... then i saw....

dpa6.jpg

and this

1txu.jpg

FAKE PB1s!!! started checking out the other pairs like garage rocks, deviations, big tacos and saw that those are fakes too! told the salesman that they are fake and we started arguing... manager came to me and i explained about the pairs being fake... we argued again and then the OWNER of the shop came and asked how can i say that they are fake... showed a picture of my collection in my phone, opened up the browser and it showed... oakleyforum.com! I called a bluff and told them i am working in oakley and i would report their shop. Owner told me that she would contact their supplier and would pull out the pairs. i pointed some pairs that are legit (they are mixing original and fake pairs)...one of the pairs i told her was a legit Fonseca DP and described the bag that comes with it.. she told the salesman to get the box and she looked shock when she saw that i described it correctly! tried to get my number but it told her i cannot but i would be back later to check her shop!

Now my wife is angry because she said that i should not have done that because i got into an argument and it could have escalated into something worst... my question is... do we have the social responsibility to do that? i mean they are fooling people by claiming they are selling legit stuff and putting in fakes.... and damn the fakes are getting better!

Im not sure the correct action was taking it up with the store other than perhaps asking if they knew they were selling fakes. I would however get a hold of the manager from Oakley that covers the country and report. 10X if they are in Oakley showcases side by side with legit pairs.

Im not sure the correct action was taking it up with the store other than perhaps asking if they knew they were selling fakes. I would however get a hold of the manager from Oakley that covers the country and report. 10X if they are in Oakley showcases side by side with legit pairs.

actually that started the argument with the manager. i was explaining about how they can identify the fake PB1s but he was defensive and started raising his voice. he claims that all of their pairs came from a legitimate source but he couldnt answer when i was asking him about the absence of the elite box. Also i was saying that he should check the SKU in the oakley website if it matches the other pairs and his answer was "What SKU, all pairs dont have SKU!"... thats when the owner came...

I don't see anything wrong with what you did. Letting them know because they might not know. If they got loud you should just leave and report it because that means they are guilty.

Back