• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should It Be Our Social Responsibility?

I would of probably done something similar if I was in your situation. I hate it when I go into place and see raybans or mauis inside of a Oakley case, drives me crazy.

With reporting fakes, the main factor for me is if they actually try to pass it as the real thing, with the price tag. In the OP that sounded like the case, but was he supposed to really act on it? I think OP being an Oakley employee there was that rightful obligation. I think otherwise it does sound a little out of place. It's like pretending to be a cop when you're not, even if you have a good intention.

i was talking to an ex rep over the summer who asked if my goldbrooks were real and he explained that if he ever saw fakes being sold as oakleys during his travels along the east coast that he would have to report it to the hq. HQ has lawyers in house at all times that investigate these matters and send a cease and desist letter as a warning and will take legal action if the knock off sales continue. of course i told him about the gold series fmj brooks and he went into explaining the whole fmj process for glasses and was blown away by how awesome they are. i think you did the right thing by trying to explain that they were fakes.

I think you did the right thing. There is no room for a retail shop to be selling fakes. If you are at an Authorized Oakley dealer you should not in your wildest dreams have to worry about getting a fake.

He probably had no idea they were fake. He probably got defensive because he didnt want to believe he was getting ripped off, or he didnt want to get into trouble.

Hopefully you were able to stop some fakes from being sold. The main problem was that they were being sold next the authentic pairs. With so many PB 2 on ebay is there a way to tell the fakes from the originals?

Last edited:
Washi whereabouts exactly this is? I have seen the same in Abu Dhabi 2 years back. They were selling fake R1 and you can tell just by the weird colourways it were.

Back