• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should It Be Our Social Responsibility?

Washi whereabouts exactly this is? I have seen the same in Abu Dhabi 2 years back. They were selling fake R1 and you can tell just by the weird colourways it were.

The store's here in Qatar salj.... sorry I haven't replied to your pm when I was there in Dubai. Also when I was in Dubai mall saw a couple of guys wearing fake R1s... I just looked into the bent earstems... must be a lot of fake oakleys in your area juvs....

Wifey sends me to buy something at the groceries... as i was going home i saw a newly opened optical shop, with a sign - SALE- 50% off! went in and just started looking. saw that they are selling a lot of oakley, then saw this:

nncm.jpg

pitboss 2! salesman told me its original price is 600$ and now they are selling it for 300 bucks. asked for the wooden box and he said that they "run out" of the wooden box... hmmmm, ok!.... then i saw....

dpa6.jpg

and this

1txu.jpg

FAKE PB1s!!! started checking out the other pairs like garage rocks, deviations, big tacos and saw that those are fakes too! told the salesman that they are fake and we started arguing... manager came to me and i explained about the pairs being fake... we argued again and then the OWNER of the shop came and asked how can i say that they are fake... showed a picture of my collection in my phone, opened up the browser and it showed... oakleyforum.com! I called a bluff and told them i am working in oakley and i would report their shop. Owner told me that she would contact their supplier and would pull out the pairs. i pointed some pairs that are legit (they are mixing original and fake pairs)...one of the pairs i told her was a legit Fonseca DP and described the bag that comes with it.. she told the salesman to get the box and she looked shock when she saw that i described it correctly! tried to get my number but it told her i cannot but i would be back later to check her shop!

Now my wife is angry because she said that i should not have done that because i got into an argument and it could have escalated into something worst... my question is... do we have the social responsibility to do that? i mean they are fooling people by claiming they are selling legit stuff and putting in fakes.... and damn the fakes are getting better!

Goof for you boss!

My wife would've said the same thing! :)

Oh I thought its in UAE. Yeah every now and then I see fakes but my gut feel says its not here in the UAE its being sold its the tourists who brings it here and actually wears them. UAE is very strict in terms of selling fakes and counterfeit items. If a shop is proven selling fakes, CID normally closes them down and store get fined.. big time. Hence I was asking you so we can report it. :)

If they are indeed fake based on your knowledge of those model, then they should be reported to Oakley UAE. I suggest make a written one and include all the models you think are fake. Im interested to know if Oakley UAE gonna do something about it and have the story of yours investigated. Keep us updated bro!

Oh I thought its in UAE. Yeah every now and then I see fakes but my gut feel says its not here in the UAE its being sold its the tourists who brings it here and actually wears them. UAE is very strict in terms of selling fakes and counterfeit items. If a shop is proven selling fakes, CID normally closes them down and store get fined.. big time. Hence I was asking you so we can report it. :)

actually we have the same rules here in qatar... but based on the store's owner he said that their supply comes from UAE/dubai.... she even mentioned calling the supplier and let him talk to me...

actually we have the same rules here in qatar... but based on the store's owner he said that their supply comes from UAE/dubai.... she even mentioned calling the supplier and let him talk to me...
question is, is the dubai supplier even an authorised dealer? Sole distribution is with Al boom marine in the UAE. Either way report it to the ministry of trade and industry or similar to that governing body in qatar so they can investigate. Normally there is a hotline where you can report. Good luck washi.

question is, is the dubai supplier even an authorised dealer? Sole distribution is with Al boom marine in the UAE. Either way report it to the ministry of trade and industry or similar to that governing body in qatar so they can investigate. Normally there is a hotline where you can report. Good luck washi.

yeah, maybe ill do that! thanks salj!

Wow, that is horrible. As an independent dealer I can tell you for sure if you ever buy a pair of Oakleys at 50% OFF the dealer is either taking a loss to simply get rid of the frame or they are fakes. A dealer will actually lose money at 50% off, always. And I am surprised there are any real Oakleys in there at all. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't all be fakes. Some of the really good fakes are hard to tell, very hard. The same manufacturing plants in China that make Oakleys real stuff have been rumored to use the molds on the fake stuff. The fake Oakleys can be bought for as cheap as $2.00 and to think they are telling them for hundreds, a shame. I would go to Oakley.com right now and in the footer I believe is a link to report fakes and I'd report them immediately.

Latest Posts

Back