• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should Jawbones Come With Interchangeable Nose Pieces And Soft Vault?

A19VUU

Oakley Beginner
I bought a pair of Jawbones on sat from opticians.

The store Oakley "rep" wasn't the most clued up.

The box is massive compared with say the box my Wiretaps came in.

I just got the box, Warranty cards, and booklets, Microbag, Glasses and spare lenses.

Most websites including Oakley UK say they come with "Interchangeable nose piece for a customizable fit" and "Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses" Oakley Polarized Jawbone Sunglasses available at the online Oakley store | UK

Tried asking Oakley Europe and they aren't sure.

Does anyone know if Jawbones should come with a Soft Vault and other nose piece?

Thanks

Si

As far as I'm aware they come new with the soft vault & additional nose bombs. May be the fact that the store have "miss placed them". Check to see how they are listed on the Oakley page & if they should get back onto the store regarding it. I'd want a least a discount if there are items missing as they cannot be sold at full RRP with parts missing.

Thanks.

It's those Vision Express UK Team GB a-likes 24-328 so they aren't listed on Oakley website. Vision Express are messing me around, not returning my calls. They charged me £195 when they are £146.25 on their website and now looks like there are bits missing. The branch "Oakley Rep" ain't got a clue, he wasn't sure what lenses they came with at first and said they didn't fit in the soft vault they had.

When I bought mine they were displayed in the Team GB frame stand and someone has stuck a label on the box and written Team GB on it!

They are great glasses but the more they mess me about the more annoyed I get

Rang head office and was told this sounds familiar, and was told they'd emailed me after I emailed them saying they'd get back to me (2 days ago!)

I'm after Vented Yellow (16-871) and Ice Iridium Polarized (16-862) lenses next but I won't be getting them from VE.

I've contacted Oakley UK and they want pictures to see if they should have the case and nose bombs. They said sometimes the retailer keeps the soft vault.

Ahhh. Don't think those come with a second lens or case or nose bombs as it was an UK exclusive edition for Vision Express for the Olympics.

They come with spare VR28 vented lenses as well as the fitted +Red vented (even says on box sticker) and the box is huge, big enough for a soft vault. There was nothing in the box to house/protect the extra lenses. I could understand no vault if they only had one lens set.

They come with spare VR28 vented lenses as well as the fitted +Red vented (even says on box sticker) and the box is huge, big enough for a soft vault. There was nothing in the box to house/protect the extra lenses. I could understand no vault if they only had one lens set.
Well in that case if it says it on the box & it is the correct box (might not be thought, what frame does it say it is?) for them you should be within your rights to get something done. I'm going into mine on Saturday to have a look at a pair so it will be interesting to see what they say.

Hi, I have the same pair. Yes the box is big & mine did contain a soft vault & nose pieces so you may want to get back to them.

Hi, I have the same pair. Yes the box is big & mine did contain a soft vault & nose pieces so you may want to get back to them.

Thanks, Store are dragging their heels over part refund to match their online advertised price £146.25, Oakley want details and pics of glasses and box to verify if i should get a vault and nose pieces. Hopefully an email from Oakley/Luxottica might speed the store along as when I rang Vision Express customer services they didn't seem bothered either saying they'd dealt with it and saying the store should have rang me.

Someone from Oakley UK said they'd email me yesterday, but I didn't get it. Going to ring them when they open. I just want a confirmation of what the box should contain. Then go to the store and complain in person seeing as they are avoiding emailing and phoning me. It won't be so easy for them to hide if I'm there in person

I'm going into mine on Saturday to have a look at a pair so it will be interesting to see what they say.
See if they will sell you them for the online advertised price, and make sure you get everything with them.

Latest Posts

Back