• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should We Allow Ebay Links?

Should we allow ebay links?

• Allow ebay links for discussions and exchanges

Votes: 95 84.1%
  • Allow only your own ebay links for exchanges

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a democracy, so for purposes of a free exchange of communication and ideas I am on the same page with everyone who wants eBay links to be allowed in posts. Besides, if you can post your own eBay links for items you want to sell, why can't you post other relevant ebay links as well?

I say allow ebay links. Based on experience, the senior members of the forum as well as majority of the new ones, simly have the good heart to inform others of possbile fakes, and/or simply need help re: identification of an item from the experts. I think our good mods can easily tell if the member is advertising their own link, spamming or simply, genuinely in need of assistance. We are after all, all here for the love of oaks. Once seen as a spammer, members should be pmed and given a warning...My $0.02.

I'd just say allow the links for all. Allows for easier explanation for the scam questions.

I say allow ebay links. Based on experience, the senior members of the forum as well as majority of the new ones, simly have the good heart to inform others of possbile fakes, and/or simply need help re: identification of an item from the experts. I think our good mods can easily tell if the member is advertising their own link, spamming or simply, genuinely in need of assistance. We are after all, all here for the love of oaks. Once seen as a spammer, members should be pmed and given a warning...My $0.02.
Agreed.

Another thing I've noticed is that sellers using the exchange on the boards I staff at usually offer it there as a courtesy first before going to eBay for the auction. Mostly because they want to avoid eBay's fees.

The dynamic is different because our boards mostly rely on online stores rather than eBay. In fact, eBay is pretty much always the last and final resort as it's full of scalpers anyways. The items of interest are different though. While there are certainly scalpers for Oakley items on eBay, the sellers are generally not there to stick it to the buyers.

It's much different here where eBay is probably one of the first places to check, along with CL. But I definitely see allowing links to be more beneficial than not.

Put it this way, more times than not, when you're looking at something on eBay for Oakley, chances are, someone else here on OF is looking at them as well.

...when you're looking at something on eBay for Oakley, chances are, someone else here on OF is looking at them as well.

I think the same goes for Craigslist Ads. I saw a local post for a steal on a pair of STPL Holbrooks. I don't like Holbrooks so would have posted the link here and could have helped someone get them, but no posts to outside sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back