• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should We Allow Ebay Links?

Should we allow ebay links?

• Allow ebay links for discussions and exchanges

Votes: 95 84.1%
  • Allow only your own ebay links for exchanges

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say post them up. The majority of times we post links or numbers is mainly for discussion purposes or to get a good laugh at. We all watch ebay, some of us even have alerts set up if we are trying to get something we want, and someone lists it. These free tools are available to everyone out there. Just because we post a link here doesn't mean someone hasn't already seen it and plans to buy it.

If you watch an item and you want it bad enough you will either bid until its yours or use the BIN. I have several alerts set up, and as soon as one pops up, I am on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.....

You can bid on an item all you want. All it takes is a potential buyer to message a seller and make an offer and the auction is done......Plus eBays new system allows you the buyer to see how many watchers are currently "watching an item". I thought once that I had found a diamond in the rough. Little did I know at the end of the bidding there were people that wanted it just as bad....

I know I'm a new member but I think this would be quite fair for everyone:

Current eBay item number posts are just more work to open in eBay...So if someone wants to discuss an item, they can post the eBay link directly.
As for the concern about a bidding war....Just allow eBay auctions that have a "Buy It Now" option. That way if someone sees a hot deal for something that they may not want they could share it with the forum.

Allow it, it's also a good way to watch out for other members so they are not getting scammed! Plus it's good to point out really bad deals.

I'd say allow discussions, but still quash "Here's a great deal!" threads and posts.

Do what we're doing now but just allow links for fake check, item questions, etc.

And if all links are allowed including deals, perhaps hide links to guests?

Why anyone would post them makes no sense to me if you plan to bid on the item, it only causes you or a friend to pay more in the end...

If it is something that someone needs verification on then they can PM someone or do their own research, we all have access to the same tools...

I get a little miffed when I do my due diligence to find items to bid on then I come over here and someone has posted it for all to blast the prices on, you want it do your own work to find it...

Unless its some funny sh!t, then by all means provide me with a laugh....

I'd say allow discussions, but still quash "Here's a great deal!" threads and posts.

Do what we're doing now but just allow links for fake check, item questions, etc.

And if all links are allowed including deals, perhaps hide links to guests?

I'm with Rustpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back