• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Matte Black Violet Crankcase Pics.

Yes yes on the Soul Patch! I love the look of Violet too but am not a big fan of looking through them.
For me the look of the Violet always beat out the sometimes odd color when looking through them. I actually found it to be quite handy sometimes if I needed to read a text or something in low light, I could just angle my head up or down a little and see through the lighter portions of the lens and read what I needed to without taking off the glasses. It was also pretty handy when going in and out of walk in coolers like I have to do frequently for work, lighting in those always sucks.

I tried the matte clear at SGH they looked like I had on little square reading glasses. I tried them on 3 times and still looked weird. I think that color waygives the lenses a floating look to them.

I tried the matte clear at SGH they looked like I had on little square reading glasses. I tried them on 3 times and still looked weird. I think that color waygives the lenses a floating look to them.
Matte clear doesn't look good on most people IMO. It's like a douche starter kit if you aren't ready for polished white hahaha.

Yes yes on the Soul Patch! I love the look of Violet too but am not a big fan of looking through them.

Something about purple/blue lenses that have a yellow (contrast) tint throws me off. I would like Violet Iridium a lot better if it had a neutral tint.

The only contrast tint I really care for is the Fire Iridium. I love to "douche it up" in my Clear/Fire Batwolfs. In my defense, I have chrome emblems in them, so they're not completely obnoxious.

I just got a pair of these from the Vault. This colorway looks really nice. Hard to believe the Crankcase is done; didn't last very long. FWIW - The arm on my new pairs reads "Made in USA." I also got a pair of the Polished frame with Warm Gray from the Vault, they didn't look as good on me and they don't have "Made in USA" on the inside of the arm. I'll be keeping the Matte Black / Violet Ird and I'll be returning the Polished Blk / Warm Gray (not a fan of the warm gray lens at all).

Here are both pairs on me:

P1090185-Copy.jpg

P1090215C.jpg

Last edited: