• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Off Your Dogs (of The K-9 Variety)

It’s possible she had a twisted stomach, did she seem bloated? I lost a black chow chow that way, sounds almost the same.
Sorry for your loss brother. It is a painful ordeal.

Thanks, but the X Rays didn’t show that. She was not bloated. I’m told she was a bit dehydrated, but that would be expected with vomiting.

View attachment 515724

In loving memory of our dog, Nala. We just got back from vacation yesterday afternoon. We picked up our dogs from separate people watching them. My wife woke up to her vomiting and put her outside at 5:30 this morning. About 5 minutes later we found her collapsed on the porch and she had urinated herself. She look like she had a seizure. We rushed her to the vet and she took a turn for the worse. We had to make the decision to put her down. It appears that she went into organ failure judging from the labs drawn. She seemed ok yesterday, but I did notice that her bark was different almost like she was hoarse. The person watching her swears that she didn’t get into anything. I’m at a complete loss. Not a good ending to our vacation.

Oh, man, sorry to hear this.

Crappy time for you and @Nucchem.

Thoughts are with you both.

Embrace the memories and the good times.

Black lab name D.O.G.
And chihuahua named maybelle

IMAG1328.jpg
IMG_20150815_125833061.jpg

So, we recently lost our dog, Nala. She does unexpectedly and it’s still a mystery. In the void I reached out to @Litos to see if he might have a clue as to what caused her death. It’s still a bit upsetting as it happened so quickly.

During our conversation Litos mentioned that there had been a stay put bill running around his neighborhood. She had been posted on the next door app and no one claimed her. She did not have a chip. Litos “captured her”. She had been in a neighbors bushes the last few days. The neighbor had been feeding her, but could not take her in. Litos took her in the first night until we could meet up in Luling, TX the next day.

Brought her back home and got her to the vet. Waited there a good 4-5 hours to be seen since she did not have an appointment. Got Her started with what she needed. Current on all vaccines now. She did have fleas, tape worms from ingesting fleas and early evidence of heart worms. We got her started with Nexgard to kill fleas and ticks, drontal for tape worms (caused by ingesting fleas), prednisone (steroid), doxycycline (antibiotic capsules that are impossible to get her to take lol), and she will start on ivermectin tomorrow for heart worms ( though she will need more extensive costly heart worm treatment over the next few months). Doc said she needs to gain weight that she was very thin at 51 lbs. I think she slep good for the first time in a while last night.

FC304F06-0ED7-4C94-B654-D5FB86101386.jpeg

95F8B5D1-E042-4D8F-9F27-46319C22E062.jpeg
06BC1C3F-FE84-4B0A-89DB-26C3C12D4304.jpeg

Her two different sides. We should call her two face. Lol.

Last edited:
So, we recently lost our dog, Nala. She does unexpectedly and it’s still a mystery. In the void I reached out to @Litos to see if he might have a clue as to what caused her death. It’s still a bit upsetting as it happened so quickly.

During our conversation Litos mentioned that there had been a stay put bill running around his neighborhood. She had been posted on the next door app and no one claimed her. She did not have a chip. Litos “captured her”. She had been in a neighbors bushes the last few days. The neighbor had been feeding her, but could not take her in. Litos took her in the first night until we could meet up in Luling, TX the next day.

Brought her back home and got her to the vet. Waited there a good 4-5 hours to be seen since she did not have an appointment. Got Her started with what she needed. Current on all vaccines now. She did have fleas, tape worms from ingesting fleas and early evidence of heart worms. We got her started with Nexgard to kill fleas and ticks, drontal for tape worms (caused by ingesting fleas), prednisone (steroid), doxycycline (antibiotic capsules that are impossible to get her to take lol), and she will start on ivermectin tomorrow for heart worms ( though she will need more extensive costly heart worm treatment over the next few months). Doc said she needs to gain weight that she was very thin at 51 lbs. I think she slep good for the first time in a while last night.

View attachment 519083

Great job guys!

Latest Posts

Back