• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

For the longest time the Rock n' Roll was on the bucket list, but I found myself in a position where I still had time to ride outside regularly. Still seems like one of the smartest ideas by design. Current sights on are the Elite Muin Turbo. Price, fluid resistance, apparently it's stupid-quiet in general. Waiting for spring discounts (Giro time perhaps) as @EP3RR said likely opens up options.

Last trainer I used was a very old magnetic Performance Bike unit from my uncle. Sure enough it was collecting dirt over the time he didn't use it, but it pretty much got run into the ground under me. Awful, and like I said probably screwed with my pedaling rhythm a bit, but that + no fan for hour stints redefined suffering. As someone who actually doesn't sweat much, I was messing up my bar tape during that Winter+Spring. Only upside is I could drop onto the bike without worrying about balance.

Didn't get the Rock n' Roll. I am against it in theory, I don't want that much lateral stress on carbon fiber seat and chain stays while I have them clamped, Plus I will typically (90%) ride the P3 Time Trial bike on it and there is no rocking necessary during those sessions. I know it's been tested with more expensive bikes than mine ad nauseam...but I am 216 lbs and can generate a lot of side to side power if I'm not paying attention and hearing that 'Craaack" would destroy me!

I'd look at a local shop near the spring for a smart trainer (if you're looking at direct drive). The Wahoo Kickr, Tacx and alike are really nice, although expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I got the Kickr over a year ago and (combined with Zwift and TrainerRoad) has made indoor workouts tolerable. I got mine during a 20% sale Glory Cycles had during the Giro so it was a sweet deal.
You can find good deals on them still if you look.

Anyway...I actually ended up doing a full setup with a big floor fan, a nice tv stand with wheels and a shelf for the laptop, and used an older 37" tv that we replaced with a newer model. Works great! I'll try and take some pics of it and of some of my bikes to post here.

Agreed. I got the Kickr over a year ago and (combined with Zwift and TrainerRoad) has made indoor workouts tolerable. I got mine during a 20% sale Glory Cycles had during the Giro so it was a sweet deal.
You can find good deals on them still if you look.

Anyway...I actually ended up doing a full setup with a big floor fan, a nice tv stand with wheels and a shelf for the laptop, and used an older 37" tv that we replaced with a newer model. Works great! I'll try and take some pics of it and of some of my bikes to post here.

Nice! Glad you like the Wahoo - money well spent on a good piece of equipment. I do the standing fan on me in the basement, along with a 16" (I think) TV hooked to a DVD player so I can watch It's Always Sunny while I sweat and complain.

Had a car accident in september and had to to get a new fork and wheels for my trail rig:
Nox Farlow carbon hoops on i9 spokes and hubs with a Fox 36 Fit4 160 fork. New tire is a 2.8"
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

Nearly finished tinkering and customising my Cannondale Caad 12, currently sits at 6.945kgs/15.31lbs. The goal is sub 6.8kgs/15lbs. Not bad for an alloy bike.

View attachment 327235

15.31 net for a CAAD?!?!?! And you're still not done?!?!!? Jesus, Peeza! My 18.1 Cervelo S2 scares the hell out of me sometimes when I pull it down off the hook for a hilly ride....and there ain't no ow-loo-minneum on that thing like there is on yours!

:shock:

:drinks:

I'm with @rzurzel on this one...my a$$ on it's best day would make me buy you a new frame in less than a mile!

Back