• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your "mancave", Workshop, Garage

Nice. I think our local theater is smaller...just out of curiosity- from someone who hasnt bought electronics other than the 27 inch tv we have...how big are the screens of most home theater set ups? Best Buy's site just confuses me cuz I have no idea what half the descriptions mean...

the piper said:
Nice. I think our local theater is smaller...just out of curiosity- from someone who hasnt bought electronics other than the 27 inch tv we have...how big are the screens of most home theater set ups? Best Buy's site just confuses me cuz I have no idea what half the descriptions mean...

It all depends on the distance you sit away from the display , that also plays into seeing high definition at its full resolution. I have a 70 inch HDTV that I sit 9 feet from on the front row And then 13 feet on the back row. That is the exact minimum and maximum distances to see 1080p at full resolution.

Gee Tv has come a long way..ithink our tv is 720p whatever that means Honestly I dont see a difference between these and tube tv's I almost think the tube tv's had darker blacks and were better but I am just old...70 is impressive
Whoa I just looked at the prices on best buy...2000-5000 ...I dont watch enough to make it wortwhile even if I did have $ and space

nice caves, carguy-love the nsx, im a s2000 driver myself, only coz the nsx prices in the uk would me to get a divorce and sell the family home to buy and run it....petrol at the moment is 137pence per litre at the moment where i live.....

Here's the home theater 170 inches 1080p kinda hard to see how big it is, but there's a lamp in the corner for comparison:

61494093-0ddf-de8b.jpg

Just to the right is the 60x24x30 inch aquarium in the wall:

61494093-0eaf-b5f1.jpg

Guitars hanging on the wall with Hercules wall mounts and my Marshall MF350 halfstack in my mancave. Don't have a pic right now, but I also have a 63 inch Samsung HDTV and a DJ unit in there. Still need subs, but sounds great:

61494093-0f14-7752.jpg

This is where I spend most of my time. It's at work, but they've given me a fair amount of freedom in terms of how much junk I can keep laying around, and what additional office equipment I can commandeer to add to it. It used to be a corner desk with a similar setup as the small thing you can see on the other side of the wall, I added the filing cabinets and an additional desktop on top of the wide metal cabinet, stole a printer stand and upgraded to a 24" monitor, took some catalogs and made a second monitor stand when I got the second monitor, got a bluetooth laser mouse, CAD orbit tool, stacked file sorter, speakers.

Next thing will be a desktop 11x17" flat file to keep prints organized on B-size as I work on them.

If it were a home setup I'd probably go with one 37" instead of two 24" monitors. And there'd be a little more personality on the walls, gotta keep it work safe for vendor and customer visits.

The keen eye will spot 3 pairs of M Frames on hand :big_boss:

2012-08-03130546.jpg

2012-08-03130610.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-08-03130610.jpg
    2012-08-03130610.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 2012-08-03130546.jpg
    2012-08-03130546.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 262
Back