• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show us your mancave !

qtobolo

Oakley Enthusiast
Ladies and gentlemen I found a tv program where they announce the biggest and most badass mancaves…

Its only in Sweden so I thought I would steal that idea and throw out on the internet.

So there are a few technical points here you can take.

You get points for following

1: Bar with Cold beverages.

2: A large display for sports or Movies and I dont mean a thick old ass tv but a real display with the capital D in it.

3: At least 2 big leather chairs big and exclusive

4: no visible Cables

5: an analog activity it could be a pool table or dart or a boxing ring.

6: Technical lighing where you can dim the lights from an app, or change the colour on the lighting.

7: No mancave without a toilet with direct access (that means you dont need to walk more then 30 seconds outside the room.

8: a neon light :eek:

9: a surprice! could be you grabb the handle of the beer pump pull it carefully and the wall
slides aside and you got 8 bigass leather chairs and a Movie display.

10: Surround sound.

Lets continue with the nest one while I am on a role. We are doing the coolest collectors aswell

So you get maximum 10 Points for your mancave and you may get 10 Points for your Collection aswell.

Here are the rules for collectors and you gotta be in both.

you get Points for these things.

1: a crownjewel it needs to be special REAL special and I knopw alot of you guys have something unique or really REALLY rare (for the first pair or a limited addition series of Oakley glasses)

2: a surprice something you didnt expect. Could be alittle crazy.

3: you need to have collected for 10 years or more.

4: 500 units or more.

5: spotlights directed to a specific place in your case(so your Eyes goes to that specific piece)

6: Original box or packaging

7: Biggest of all is my collection example is you plan the weekend getaway with your husband/wife/significant other to a gathering with other collectors or you make the shoppping trip to a vault far away the main event for the trip. Give an example!

8: Life time membership of the Oakley forum gives a point for this.

9: good and well organised exposure in your case with sections of your x-metal and they are seperated from your frogs and other O-matters like either a gallery or a museum.

10: several of my pieces are so delicate or rare that I use White gloves when I touch them

all of these grants you points, now no competion is Worth anything without photos. Please take a few pics of the points you get, the more photos the better!

Now how many points did you get?

you earn bragging rights and a internet cookie but it could be fun lets go people I got 4 Points hehe =)

Salute !

Fully stocked ;) (1)
thumb_DSC_3842_1024.jpg

2: A large display for sports or Movies and I dont mean a thick old ass tv but a real display with the capital D in it.
55" Smart TV will be installed soon (0)

Refer to first photo (1)

N/A (0)

Pool table (1)
thumb_DSC_3843_1024.jpg

6: Technical lighing where you can dim the lights from an app, or change the colour on the lighting.
Sparky has been around to measure up for LED lighting and path of wiring so single remote switch can be fitted. (0)

7: No mancave without a toilet with direct access (that means you dont need to walk more then 30 seconds outside the room.
Toilet door in the centre of the photo (1)
thumb_DSC_3858_1024.jpg

8: a neon light
N/A (0)

9: a surprice! could be you grabb the handle of the beer pump pull it carefully and the wall slides aside and you got 8 bigass leather chairs and a Movie display.
N/A (0)

N/A (0)

So you get maximum 10 Points for your mancave and you may get 10 Points for your Collection as well. Here are the rules for collectors and you gotta be in both. You get Points for these things:

1: a crown jewel it needs to be special REAL special and I knopw alot of you guys have something unique or really REALLY rare (for the first pair or a limited addition series of Oakley glasses)
Concept Studio Project 453 Frogskins (1)
thumb_DSC_3845_1024.jpg

Too many too mention. Can't be specific (0)

Have only been actively collecting since July 2012 (0)

Currently sitting at 460 pairs (0)

5: spotlights directed to a specific place in your case(so your Eyes goes to that specific piece)
Not looking to draw attention to any one particular pair (0)

All stored in the lower cabinets of the displays (1)

7: Biggest of all is my collection example is you plan the weekend getaway with your husband/wife/significant other to a gathering with other collectors or you make the shoppping trip to a vault far away the main event for the trip. Give an example!
Took my wife (girlfriend then) to the Oakley friends & family sale prior to taking her out for dinner and then proposed to her that same evening. Not that many stores this side worthwhile basing a shopping getaway around. (?)

Subscribed (1)

9: Good and well organised exposure in your case with sections of your x-metal and they are seperated from your frogs and other O-matters like either a gallery or a museum.
Don't have a large X-Metal selection, but do keep them separate from O-matter (1)
thumb_DSC_3852_1024.jpg

10: Several of my pieces are so delicate or rare that I use White gloves when I touch them
Guilty (1)
thumb_DSC_3851_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_3836_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_3855_1024.jpg

Fully stocked ;) (1)
View attachment 492704

55" Smart TV will be installed soon (0)

Refer to first photo (1)

N/A (0)

Pool table (1)
View attachment 492705

Sparky has been around to measure up for LED lighting and path of wiring so single remote switch can be fitted. (0)

Toilet door in the centre of the photo (1)
View attachment 492710
8: a neon light
N/A (0)

9: a surprice! could be you grabb the handle of the beer pump pull it carefully and the wall slides aside and you got 8 bigass leather chairs and a Movie display.
N/A (0)

N/A (0)

So you get maximum 10 Points for your mancave and you may get 10 Points for your Collection as well. Here are the rules for collectors and you gotta be in both. You get Points for these things:

1: a crown jewel it needs to be special REAL special and I knopw alot of you guys have something unique or really REALLY rare (for the first pair or a limited addition series of Oakley glasses)
Concept Studio Project 453 Frogskins (1)
View attachment 492706

Too many too mention. Can't be specific (0)

Have only been actively collecting since July 2012 (0)

Currently sitting at 460 pairs (0)

Not looking to draw attention to any one particular pair (0)

All stored in the lower cabinets of the displays (1)

Took my wife (girlfriend then) to the Oakley friends & family sale prior to taking her out for dinner and then proposed to her that same evening. Not that many stores this side worthwhile basing a shopping getaway around. (?)

Subscribed (1)

9: Good and well organised exposure in your case with sections of your x-metal and they are seperated from your frogs and other O-matters like either a gallery or a museum.
Don't have a large X-Metal selection, but do keep them separate from O-matter (1)
View attachment 492708

10: Several of my pieces are so delicate or rare that I use White gloves when I touch them
Guilty (1)
View attachment 492707

View attachment 492703

View attachment 492709
Jawdropping!! Love the cushions btw!

I don’t think we have anybody here that can beat @mercbezerk setup
I'm sure there are plenty other members out there with just as, if not more impressive man caves. I've seen pics of other collections that have inspired mine.
Jawdropping!! Love the cushions btw!
Glad you noticed ;) It's the small details that help tie the room together.

Latest Posts

Back