• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Si ballistic shocktube tan/grey lenses

@Tyler2208 you have mentioned a few times that that you purchased your SI Ballistic Shocktubes off of Ebay. Could I ask what you paid for them?
I am an Si member and I recently checked on the site, and your style are currently 'out of stock'. You should be happy with your purchase.
I currently have the Shocktubes with Maritime lenses. The reason I chose these shades is because they are ones where I don't have to worry about them being 'handled with care.' The frame and lenses are durable for both Law Enforcement and Military.

@Tyler2208 you have mentioned a few times that that you purchased your SI Ballistic Shocktubes off of Ebay. Could I ask what you paid for them?
I am an Si member and I recently checked on the site, and your style are currently 'out of stock'. You should be happy with your purchase.
I currently have the Shocktubes with Maritime lenses. The reason I chose these shades is because they are ones where I don't have to worry about them being 'handled with care.' The frame and lenses are durable for both Law Enforcement and Military.
Hi, thanks for your feedback, sure I dont mind saying what I paid, I paid $199.00 US dollars + $19.00 shipping (fedex).

To be honest I have seen them on ebay at various times for a slightly cheaper price but those sellers didnt offer international shipping so I could not purchase them.

The black framed shocktubes seem to be quite readliy available, however the terrain tan with grey lenses are rarely available and is perhaps why they carry a heavier price tag, or maybe I just got overcharged.

You say you have the maritime lenses, are they more robust than the standard lenses that are in my model?

To be honest I have quite a few pairs of mid range price sunglasses such as lacoste and I also have an expensive pair of tom fords which are very nice, but but of these have ballistic lenses and dont have the military look I wanted.

My decision to go for the shocktubes was that I wanted a “go to” pair of robust sunglasses that can be my eveyday sunglasses as well as my shooting glasses/sport sunglasses all rolled into one. I acrually dislike having lots of pairs or sets of something to ultimatley do the one job, so was hoping for a robust, all rounder in the shocktubes.

I think they are a very attractive pair of sunglasses especially in the desert tan, the color contrasts between the tan frames and matte black accents compliment each other nicely.

Looks wise, (imho) they seem to have the right ballance of rugged/manly styling without being too over the top (just personal opion).

I had already read the various reviews written about the glasses, where some people had felt they offered more style than substance, to be honest that may well be the case when compared to other models in the si range.

I guess for me not having any other oakley si to compare with and never having owned any ballistic sunglasses before, they seemed like a step up from my usual “lifestyle” type aviators ect.

So when I saw the pair on ebay the other day I thought what the hell and bought them, it was the last pair available in the listing which kind of helped me decide, as I was concerned that I could struggle to find them again.

I just really hope I have made the right decision and not purchased a product that needs to be handled with kid gloves or is going to be high maintanence in the future.

I think I am actually more concerned about the nosepads wearing out rather than scratching the lens.

I live in a very hot country (40 c) most days with high humidity and obviiously sweat could be an issue for the nose pads. Which Is why I worry that if they wear out and I cant get replacements, then a $200 pair of sunglasses becomes a paper weight!

I have tried reaching out to other owners to see if the glasses can still be worn without the nosepads in place, but. Have had no answers to this question.

To be honest I dont even know how the rubber nose pads attach, is it with an adhesive?

Almost all my other sunglasses are one peice molded with the frames, so there is no seperate rubber nosepads, never had anything that needs to be periodically replaced.

I posted this thread when I received my Shocktubes last month:
Shocktube Maritime Lens arrived..
The frame was something I was looking for, but when I purchased them it had to have the maritime lens which I love. There are reviews with image comparisons with these lenses in the forum.
Around the same time I had ordered the Shocktubes I ordered Flak 2.0 XL’s with the maritime lens again from the SI website:
Flak 2.0 XL with Prizm Maritime lens arrived...

Comparing the two I actually prefer the Flaks as a daily wear. These are the ones which I seem to handle with better care, lol. It comes down to how it feels and better fits on my face. When I sweat the Flaks will still fit more snug on me. Each person is different though.
Since you are a member here now you will see items being sold in the exchange area. Something may catch your eye that you may want someday.

I posted this thread when I received my Shocktubes last month:
Shocktube Maritime Lens arrived..
The frame was something I was looking for, but when I purchased them it had to have the maritime lens which I love. There are reviews with image comparisons with these lenses in the forum.
Around the same time I had ordered the Shocktubes I ordered Flak 2.0 XL’s with the maritime lens again from the SI website:
Flak 2.0 XL with Prizm Maritime lens arrived...

Comparing the two I actually prefer the Flaks as a daily wear. These are the ones which I seem to handle with better care, lol. It comes down to how it feels and better fits on my face. When I sweat the Flaks will still fit more snug on me. Each person is different though.
Since you are a member here now you will see items being sold in the exchange area. Something may catch your eye that you may want someday.

My shocktubes arrived today, overall I am pretty happy with them, seem to fit me quite well (I will try and add some pictures).

Build quality seems to be good. I will try and buy an oakley hard case online to keep them in as the glasses only came with a microfibre bag.

Now if I can just find somewhere to get a couple of sets of spare nosepads I will be good to go.

BFEF44F4-219E-450F-91F1-DD9F4CAC08B3.jpeg

337B8AD1-9599-455B-ACDF-63B0C82A3B3F.jpeg

0B4B28B1-565E-4AAD-A6D3-DB99157EDF77.jpeg

4A4F7EAD-D58B-4FE0-A272-09ED10ECA203.png

0D029BC5-E150-4C55-B842-739DEAF615CE.jpeg

526FE45D-D3A3-4805-AEF4-D40935F32165.jpeg

Back